One Month Later

"Come on Elena your going to be late for school!" Julie shouted up the stairs.

"Do I have to go today? It's my birthday!"

"Yes you do! Come on the quicker you go to school and get it over and done with the quicker you can go see your mum! Were going to have the tea party remember."

I dragged my body out of bed and pulled on my school uniform.

Things were better now. Everything was sorted with social services. Mum was in hospital and slowly getting better.

I went to school and got presents from all my friends and hugged them all but I couldn't wait till the clock turned to 3'o'clock so Jay could pick me up in his yellow mini and take me to the hospital.

When I got there I said hi to all the nurses. They recognized me because I'd gone so often. They wished me a happy birthday as I made my way to mum's ward. All the usual patients were there and right at the end was mum sat watching t.v. When she saw me she smiled widely and switched it off.

"Hey Elena, you okay? Happy birthday."

I smiled back at her. She was doing so well. "I'm fine mum thanks. How about you?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Here I got one of the nurses to get this for you." She handed me a package wrapped in girly wrapping paper. I grinned while pulling it off, excited to see what is could be. Under the paper was the nicest ever sketch pad and a proper professional sketching kit. There was also a already drawn picture. There was me, mum and Ayden. It was like a copy of the picture I'd drawn on my bedroom wall. Except there was much more detail. It looked almost as if it were a picture but the pencil marks were evident on the page.

"Mum did you draw this? I never knew you could draw!"

She chuckled, "Well you had to get your drawing skills from somewhere didn't you?"  We both laughed together. "So where's Jay and Ayden?"

"Oh Jay was parking up but he should be here soon." And as if right on cue he walked in with a wailing Ayden in his arms.

"God Elena this kid is attached! As soon as you got out the car he started bawling his head off. Hey Ms.Webster"

Everyone still called her that. Nobody ever called her by her actual name which was Adele.

"Hi Jay. Can I have a hold." Mum asked cautiously. He nodded and handed over Ayden eagerly. She was holding him like she never wanted to let him go. Tenderly and lovingly. Like she used to when everything was like it used to be.

I smiled at them.

"Elena Julie is coming soon so you can open our presents and then the nurses have said we could maybe have a little tiny party."

"Cool." I said.

After a while Julie appeared with many other packages in her hands. They got me a new camera, a new cd and some nice perfume. I felt a little bad for mum but she seemed happy enough and smiled brightly when I asked for a picture on my camera. One of the nurses came over with a huge chocolate cake in her hands with candles on top.

I blew them out and everyone clapped. After me, mum, Julie and Jay sat talking for ages then someone came over and told us it was time to go. I kissed mum goodbye and felt my eyes tearing up as they always did whenever mum whispered her goodbye and told Ayden she loved him and to make sure he looked after her sister because she'd always been there for him.

In the car I was quiet for a bit but soon perked up at the thought of my grandma's present back home. Margery had gotten me to call her grandma now and she'd told me she had a special surprise waiting for me when I got back from the hospital.

I went to see her straight away and she was waiting for me in her chair. There was a huge thing underneath a cloth so I couldn't see it.

"Okay Helena" She still thought that was my name, "now under here is something very special to me that I want you to look after and care for as if it was your own child from your womb. It will need constant care and attention. Understand?"

I nodded eagerly and suddenly she ripped the cloth of the fantastic Victorian dolls house. I peered inside the little tiny windows and could see all the wooden furniture and even teeny tiny china plates and cups and little knives and forks all set out at the table for the people to eat with.

"Oh grandma! It's gorgeous! I absolutley love it!" I hugged her fiercley.

"Oh my. Dear please get off you'll ruin my hip." She said irritably but hugged me back lightly.

I played with my house for a while with Julie under the watchful eye of Margery. Then I took Ayden upstairs with me into my room. I laid him on the bed and sat by him.

"Oh Ayden. You've grown haven't you. I wonder if you can remember that day? Do you remember Ayden when mum didn't turn up at home? And then we went out into the big wide world. But Ayden I want you to remember something even when your at age 90 and are just an old man with wrinkles and a walking stick because you can't walk."

He gurgled a little almost sounding like he was laughing at me

"I want you to remember that even though I told you that we don't need mum anymore, we really do, we'll always need mum."

And then we fell asleep hand in hand ready for the rest of the adventure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO I HAVE FINALLY UPDATED SORRY IF IT'S TOO SHORT OR TOO BAD OR WHATEVER BUT IF YOU DID LIKE IT THEN PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, BECOME A FAN! LIKE I SAID AT THE TOP THERE WILL BE ANOTHER CHAPTER BUT IT'S NOT AN OFFICIAL CHAPTER. NOW AS I SAID IN PREVIOUS CHAPTERS I DO HAVE AN IDEA FOR A SEQUEL SO LEAVE A COMMENT TELLING ME WHETHER YOU WANT ME TO WRITE A SEQUEL OR NOT.

***I'D JUST LIKE TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THIS STORY IS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DEDICATED TO MY AUNTIE ADELE WHO HAS ALSO JUST HAD A BABY NAMED AIDEN AND IS ALSO NOT WELL BUT IS ON THE MEND. I LOVE HER WITH ALL MY HEART AND COMPLETELY BELIEVE IN HER AND WILL ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS BE THINKING OF HER***

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO MIZSUNSHINE WHO HAS SUPPORTED ME ALL THE WAY THROUGH THIS STORY!