Chapter 22

SORRY HAVEN'T UPDATED IN AGES BUT  JUST LETTING YOU KNOW NOW THAT THIS IS NOT THE LAST CHAPTER THERE WILL BE ONE MORE SO KEEP READING :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure how long I waited for Julie. It was a long time though. But eventually she burst through the Tesco doors and looked around for me. When she finally spotted me sat with Ayden on my knee she was by my side and patting my shoulder comfortingly.

"Hey Elena." She said.

"Hi. Can we go?"

"Uh yeah sure Jay's outside in the car come on."

We got up and winded our way through the crowds and made our way out of the shop. She seemed anxious to know what had happened but I was definitely not ready to say anything.

I got in the back of the car and sat in the middle.

"Here Elena I'll put Ayden in Leah's chair." She held out our hands and gave him to her.

"Wheres Leah?" I asked out of curiosity.

"She stayed at home with her Gran. Shall we go?" I nodded.

The journey wasn't as long as I'd expected. It almost passed in a blur but in a few minutes I was collecting Ayden from the car seat. I looked up at the familiar red brick house and Julie nudged me so I stepped through the gate and into the house.

It seemed just as I remembered it. I could hear the t.v on in the living room and knew Margery would be sat in her chair with her hearing aid buzzing away.

"Uh Elena just go through to the living room and sit down or whatever."

My feet shuffled into the carpeted room and sat down.

"Who are you?" Margery asked disgustedly.

I was confused, I knew her memory wasn't very good but it wasn't that bad either. "It's me Elena. And Ayden. Remember I was here a few weeks ago? You told me about Gregory."

"How do you know about Gregory?!" She snapped at me.

"Uh you told me. Don't you remember Margery?"

Julie rushed into the room right at that moment and ushered me in leaving a red faced Margery to mutter to herself in her chair.

In the kitchen Jay was left against the counter and looked slightly worried. "Okay Elena since you've been gone Margery has got a little ill and can't remember stuff as much as she used to. So urm you know just play along with whatever she says to you."

I nodded. Everyone was getting ill lately.

I went back into the living room and tried to ignore Margery while Ayden was crying his lungs out. I sat in the same position for god knows how long before Julie took him upstairs for me. Then she and Jay both came to sit next to me.

"Right. Elena. You gonna tell us what happened?"

I sighed. I suppose I'd have to. So I told them everything, from when I left with mum to when I rang them. Julie's eyes had teared up a little but didn't interrupt.

Jay spoke first after I'd finished, "Well. What we need to do now is ring social services--"

"No Jay! Where did that get us last time? Were not going to do anything. Besides they'll only get taken to a care home. Elena and Ayden are staying with us and that's final."

Over the next few days Julie and Jay kept having whispered arguments, Margery started recognising me as Helena from a Shakespeare play and Leah and Ayden were almost sitting up.

We don't need you anymore Mum...(BEING EDITED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें