Chapter Twenty Seven

Zachs Pov

"She's holding on. By a thread. She's on the verge of dying and the verge of being on a coma. She's strong though. There's a 50 percent she will die and a 40 percent she'll be in a coma. And then a 10 percent chance she won't be in a coma or dead and she'll just be alive." The doctor told everyone.

My heart broke. The love of my life had the biggest possibility she would die. I'm such an idiot. I believed Ariel over her.

I believed Ariel over her. What is wrong with me? Seriously what is. I found out I love her way too late.

If she--- if she dies, I'm just emotionally and mentally dead. If she gets into a coma I won't be as brain dead. I'll still have a shred of happiness, and a shred of hope.

Why do bad things happen to good people? Why do bad situations happen to people who we love most.

If there is such a thing as a god, then why does he make us suffer with moments like this. Don't even get me start on the saying everything happens for a reason.

This is not one of those situations.

"Can- can we go see her?" Nick stuttered, my thoughts vanished and I started paying attention to the doctor.

"Go ahead room three hundred six teen" he sighed and Nick ran to the hallway to enter the room.

I followed him slowly. I was obviously afraid. Rudan sighed from next to me.

"It's not your fault, Zach." He whispered, trying to make me feel better.

Expect he couldn't. The only fucking person in this whole entire world that could make me feel better is fucking Courtney Leanne Bean. But she's to busy trying to fight between life and death.

"It is my fault. If I hadn't been so stupid. If I just could have- it's all my fault." I broke down, re-opening the door Nick accidentally shut when he went into the room.

Nick broke down crying and I admit I did too. She looked so lifeless. So miserable, she had tubes all over her body.

"Courtney please. Wake up. Dad wouldn't want you to do die so young." I heard Nick mumbling quietly.

Only if she could hear him. Only if she knew how much I felt about her.

Courtney Pov
Italics is everything going on in her mind.

I saw black. Black was the only thing I could see. It was like when you are in your bedroom with the lights all off. Your mom is telling you to go to asleep, but you don't want too. So you end up just keeping your eyes close with the lights off.

Or it's like when your on a rollercoster in the pitch black but the only thing you can see is nothing because your screaming in fear, it's pitch black, and your eyes are cold.

Expect I couldn't hear the screams. I couldn't hear anything. I couldn't even hear myself.

I could only hear a ringing in my ear. I tried opening my eyes screaming 'help' but I couldn't.

It wasn't that I didn't want to scream, I did because I was frustrated and I wanted to die. But I just couldn't.

Actually what if I am already dead? What if when you die you can't see or hear anything and your just in pitch blackness with a ringing noise through your ears.