Chapter Fourteen

Courtney's Pov

"It's my birthday." Edwin sang out of pitch for the millionth of time. He was all happy because today was the day he was turning eighteen years old. Yup, are little weirdo is turning eighteen today on February nineteenth.

"Babe, please just stop singing. I'll teach you how to sing later." Kylee told him. I laughed when he started pouring and Kylee laughed too.

"Isn't Abigail coming?" Nick asked, getting ready to park the car because we just reached Olive Garden.

"Nah, she can't. She already asked." I shrugged, getting really bored for some reason.

Once he learned how to park the new car he just got, we al went inside to see the person thing that you go to, so you can get a table.

"Table for eight?" Timmy asked, HUS hand tightly holding Makenzie because the worker was a guy.

"Eight? Uh yeah, sure. It'll take just a few minutes for the table to clear up." The guy explained handing us the vibrator that vibrates when the time was done.

When the vibrator started vibrating (that sounded sexual,) we all followed the waiter to the table. Edwin kept mumbling to himself, "I'm 18" while cheering quietly.

Once we sat down the waiter left to give us some time to order. I already knew what I wanted so I didn't bother looking.

(seating order:
Me, Kylee, Edwin, Rudan,
Zach, Nick, Timmy, Makenzie)

When the waiter came back, Edwin was the first to order his drink.

"I want a lemonade please and it's my birthday. So hint hint sing happy birthday to me at the end when we get desert." Edwin told the waiter and I had to hold back my laughs as how cocky Edwin sounded.

"Can i just get water with lemon?" I shrugged, watching Nick give me the 'you always order that. Ew your so healthy' look.

"I just want water too." Rudan nodded.

The waiter left again and I rolled my eyes at Edwin.

"Really, hint hint sing me happy birthday. You sound so cocky." I laughed, knowing everyone wanted to say that too but it was his birthday and they didn't want to make him feel bad.

"But its my birthday." Edwin said glaring at Zach for an unknown reason.

"Zach no one likes you your a squirrel. Everyone hates squirrels they like worms better." He tried roasting Zach but failing.

"Sorry to break it to you, but squirrels are cute and worms are disgusting animals that live in the ground." I defended Zach with a laugh.

"But fish love worms." Edwin smiled brightly. I laughed getting ready to come back with another roast.

"Yeah, to eat them because worms can't defend themselves but Squirrels can climb trees and run away from whatever wants to eat them."

"Like spider man!" Zach finally spoke out, I brushed my hand through my hair and sighed.

"Yes, Zach exactly just like spider man." I spoke, talking to him like he was a little kid on purpose just to tease him.

Zach's Pov

"Really, hint hint sing me happy birthday. You sound so cocky." Courtney laughed, letting go of her lip that she was unknowingly biting on. She was so beautiful, the way she talked it just made me want to listen to her voice all day.

I decided to text Edwin because I didn't want to break up their conversation.

To Birthday Boi 🍔🎂

I thought u could only be cocky if u got a "cocky" get it cocky, cock. 😌

"But it's my birthday." Edwin reminded us for the fifth time. I didn't blame him though, 5quad did accidently forget his birthday.

I wasn't paying attention to his glare he was sending my war because I was too busy looking at Courtney. But I couldn't stop, she was just so beautiful, and innocent. A true angel looking teenager. What the fuck am I saying. Oh oops I cussed, I'm not suppose to do that anymore.

"Zach no one likes you your a squirrel. Everyone hates squirrels they like worms better." Edwin joked, I smiled at the way Courtney's face lit up. Edwin is horrible at roasts.

"Sorry to break it to you, but squirrels are cute and worms are disgusting animals that live in the ground." She defended me, with a slight laugh.

I smiled when she glanced at me while she spoke. Why was she defending me? Wait I'm a squirrel, does that mean I'm cute too.

"But fish love worms." Edwin smiled at me while he wiggled his eyebrows. That's when I caught myself from continuing to stare at Courtney. I finally knew what was happening to me, and I didn't like it at all.

"Yeah, to eat them because worms can't defend themselves but Squirrels can climb trees and run away from whatever wants to eat them." Courtney's voice ran into my head.

Nick nudged me telling me to speak because it looked as if I was being creepy with all the staring I was doing.

"Oooh like spider man!" I exclaimed, joking.

Courtney turned back to me and smiled at me,

"Yes, Zach exactly just like spider man." She continued to smile at me when the words left her mouth.

I breathed heavily, and sighed. That was it. That was the smile that I couldn't get out of my mind.

That was the smile that is making me fall head over heels with my best friend's sister that is also my best friend.

Cliché right, two stories combining into one. But I have a feeling this story wouldn't get a happily ever ending like I hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally gave you a Zach Pov and the chapter isn't as short as it usually is! Be proud of me.