He's clearly suprized, but he doesn't argue.

It's that doctor alright. Now Ritsu's out of the way I can see him. He looks angry...

No that's not it. He's scared...

'It's still on the floor, you know.'

He looks at me and sighs deeply.

'And we're still alright, not that that matters to you, anyway.'

I slowly walk backwards pushing the rest of us back with my arms as he approaches.

When he's finally next to the staff he picks it off the floor and swings it around for a bit before he stands still again.

'Would you use it properly if I gave it to you?' He asks, mentioning the staff.

I smile before I answer. He's asking a stupid question.

'That depends on what you consider properly.'

He smiles.

'It's no wonder they called you "wordsmith" ...'

This makes me smile wider. It's a title I was given by an old friend, and I haven't heard it in quite a while.

'So what is it that you consider properly?' I ask, and he smiles.

'For what I've seen the same as I do...' His smile widens, and for once, it's a real one.

'Then why would you question me?'

He starts grinning on which I shoot him a questioning look.

'Because it's really fun. It's been a while since someone actually managed to knock me out.'

'That sounds strange for a medic, don't you think?' I start, and his grin widens.

'Then it's a good thing I wasn't always one.'

And for some reason, that does not surprise me.

'You're a hex-caster.'

Everyone turns their head towards Bakaito. His eyes sparkle brightly blue when he realizes he can explain something the rest doesn't know.

'A hex-caster, an advanced rank for medics and bards. Instead of healing with either herbs or music, an hex-caster has the ability to do harm to the enemy by casting various curses, using tomes, staffs or the usual herbs and music.'

I turn my head to the side while thinking, in an, probably, insanely cute manner.

'I've never heard of it... Must be rare then.'

'They are indeed. For as far as I know there are only two casters alive at the moment.' The doctor says.

'By the way,' Usagi says, and the doctors looks at her as she asks her question.

'Since you're not "Yukito" , which you kindly pointed out,'

The man smiles at her and she breathes in another time before she continues.

'What do we call you? "The doctor" perhaps?'

He suddenly starts laughing. I look at him in confusion. Why would that be funny?

'Please don't. Then it sounds like a show I used to watch. It was called "Doctor Who" , and I must say it was really fun to watch.'

'Ah, I've read about that show. They say that it's the longest running Science-fiction show for TV on Earth.'

'Just call me Yukito. I've lived by that name for years now.'

She nods and so do I. He's not going to tell us his real name. Maybe, someday he will. But until then, at least we can call him by a name.