38. I'll Miss You

Start from the beginning

"That's true, you know me so well"

"So what is it?"

"I got my college applications"

"Oh that's good! Have you filled them out yet?"

"No.."

"Why not?"

"I wanted to talk to you about my choices and about yours"

She realizes this is a serious matter and closes her textbook and gives me her full attention.

"What are your choices?"

"Well I was planning to stay here actually" she tells me

"I thought you would want to get out of here"

"I did too but I've thought about it and despite having to be here, living in a house that reminds me that I have parents that I never get to see, this city grew on me and I love it. For once this place feels like home"

"Oh, so you're planning to apply to University of Miami?"

She smiles, "That's the plan"

I try to be happy but I can't, knowing that I have no intention on staying here but I will apply for Univ. of Miami as well just to fill in the fifth spot.

"So where are you applying to?"

"University of Miami.." I start to say

"Oh that's good!" She smiles big

"And NYU, UCLA, GCU, and Washington State" I finish and see her smile slowly fade

"But...but..that's out of state" she says softly

"I know but I always wanted to go to one of those and now that you're in the picture I'm considering picking NYU since it's the closest one and I could visit you during holidays"

She shakes her head, "No Lauren"

"No?" I ask scrunching my eyebrows together

"I mean no, don't just pick NYU because it's closer to me. Pick a school that you think is right for you and don't let me get in the way of it. Think what's right for your future and if you see me in it go so you complete your education then we can have a life together."

"I see you in my future and so is living together but I can't have you waiting for me"

"You can't be gone that long babe"

I sigh, "Eight years Camila"

She stops and looks at me for some seconds and I start to see tears forming in her eyes.
"That is long.."

I pull her closer to me, "Yes it is, and I can't be selfish and ask you to stay with me for that long but I'd be glad to try long distance with you"

One tear falls from her eye, "Well be selfish Lauren because I can't lose you, I refuse to let you go. We'll try long distance, after all it's just a test to see how far love can travel"

I wipe her tear with my thumb, "Okay princess, if that's what you want. We'll try it and we'll make it work" then I plant a sweet and soft kiss on her lips