Piano Man - Chapter 19

Start from the beginning

That was it. That was the reason why I grew up without my dad, he didn’t hate me, he wasn’t a secret agent, he wasn’t murdered, It was his management. He had tried making contact with us over the years but my mom must have been so hurt by the fact that the love of her life left her at the altar that when he did try and make contact with her she was probably so hurt and mad that she turned him down and kept us from him. My mind put it together peice by peice , trying to make sense of everything and then it clicked. My mom probably created my fake dad to protect us from finding our real dad. Not that he would hurt us physically but she never wanted us to feel the emotional trauma that she went through, but maybe if she took the time to listen then she wouldn’t have been so furious.

“Why didn’t you tell my mom anything, not even a goodbye?” I asked.

“I did” Harry explained. “ Your mom was the love of my life, so i wrote her a note. It didn’t say much but it just let her know, I’d always love her”  my dad stated. “I’m sorry though, I truly am”  

“Do you know what you put everybody through?” I asked him, feeling a bit hurt for everyone that knew him. He may have left me but at least I didn’t know him before hand.

“I know, that’s why I am here. I was living here to keep an eye on Niall, and to have a few drinks with him when Derby was playing. I wanted so badly to tell him it was me but I had to wait till the timing was perfect, and then.. well you came and I got nervous. I didn’t want you hating me, it was hard enough watching all my friends hate me or fall apart but I couldn’t take it from my daughter.”  he stuttered as tears fell down his face.

“I could never hate you” I told him and put my hand over top of his for comfort.”I should have hated you from the day I was born but instead I was determined to find you. I explained.” I love you and so does Robby and so do all your old band mates who are waiting at home to meet you. We all love you” my eyes began to moisten again. “Please just come back to Niall’s and see everybody, if you want to disappear again after go ahead but at least let them know you’re okay. Let their minds rest, it’s been fourteen years, they need to finally stop worrying.”

“Okay, but I won’t disappear again” he said wiping his face as he stood up and followed us out to the truck. Robby drove and I sat in the middle between him and my dad. We all listened to the radio as we drove home.  I turned down the radio and looked at my dad.

“What do you think the media will say when they find out your alive, or Louis. What do you think mom will think about us finding you?” I asked one question after the other. I looked to Robby after asking the last one, we both knew mom would be shocked and most possibly pissed off at us. So unless he planned on telling her, I didn’t. If our dad wanted to be in our  lives then I didn’t see a reason to tell her and risk everything. After all she’ll find out sooner or later, why ruin anything?

“ I don’t know” he replied looking out the window. “To be honest I am a bit nervous to see the boys, actually talk to them as myself.” My dad stated and then started chuckling. “Want to know a secret?”

“Sure” I shrugged.

“I use to call their houses and pretend to be a telemarketer, just so I knew they were okay. I did you to Sarah to..I mean your mom. I think part of me wanted them to recognize my phony accents and tell me to come home, that’s its okay. I stopped after a while though because I realized they all moved on and I needed to as well” my dad’s voice changed from cheerful o depressed in the matter of seconds.

“Don’t be too nervous, they are all excited to meet you. Everyone is there but Louis and he is coming as soon as he can” I explained. “They all wanted to find you, just as much as us if not more” I smiled weakly trying to lighten the mood.

“You’re exactly like your mother when she was younger, except you have my eyes and my music talent” Harry smiled.

“H-how do you know about my passion for music?” I asked confused.

“I’ve kept my tabs on everyone, you and Robby the most. I have all your newspaper clippings of your music awards or concerts and Robby’s sports. I even have the article about that graffiti tagger, cause  I knew it was you Robby” My dad raised an eyebrow and let out a laugh. “You and Zayn have your expressive art incommon”

“What did you letters say?” I asked as my mind kept going back thinking to what he said about trying to keep in touch.

“They let you know I cared, that I remembered your birthdays and that I was sorry I couldn’t be there” he said. “They wouldn’t have changed much, I didn’t leave a return address” he shrugged. “ Maybe your mom thought they were from a fan and it was some cruel joke”

“Yea maybe...” I stated, I didn’t agree but my dad was nervous enough. I just thanked the lord that my mom was off with her orchestra at the moment so she couldn’t scare out dad away again.  I wanted him to be able to connect with the boys, and with us again and her being here could jeopardize that. We pulled into the laneway, and the truck suddenly became full of tension. it was like the air was toxic because we were all holding our breath and anxious to see how everything would go. Robby finally turned off the truck and spoke.

“Here goes nothing”

A/N: Sorry for not updating on time but here is the next chapter. Also if you haven't read Isn't She Lovely, and are readinf this I am sure you are following along just fine but if you've been thinking about reading it, this would be a good time to start reading this before the next chapter. Just so you can get a feel of all the friendships ect. Thank you all for reading, remember to comment, vote and fan!