Chapter 13: The Aftermath

Richard's POV

As light streams into the room I stretch and yawn, feeling over the bed, only to find the other side of it to be cold. "Ruby?" I call out groggily, trying to remember what happened last night and where I was. However, the lack of clothing on my person gave me a rough idea.

Pulling my briefs and slacks back on I started towards the kitchen to find Ruby making breakfast. I wrapped my arms around her waist and sigh. Her bathrobe is soft against my fingers and the smell of her strawberry shampoo fills my nose. "Good morning, Lovely." I mutter against her neck. "Mmm, good morning to you to. How'd you sleep?" She asks, returning to her cooking. "Well, it was good, until I woke up to find that you weren't there." There was a pause. "Was it good? Your first time? Granted, I would have liked it to have been more romantic, but we can do that later." She laughs. "I don't know how it was. It didn't hurt, I guess that's what happens when almost all your nerves have been numbed but, otherwise, I guess it was good."

I turn her around and place her on the counter top. "You guess?" Iask. "Does that mean we need to have a round two?" I whisper on her lips. She doesn't answer, she just crashes her lips onto mine. I run my hands up from her waist to her breast line. I was about to slide her robe off when I heard a door open and close. "Good God, you two are like bunnies." Jason's groggy voice says as he looks at us, running his fingers through his hair. "Rabid bunnies, I swear." He yawns. Ruby quickly tightens her robe and hops off the counter top and takes the eggs she was cooking off the stove. "Jason, what are you even doing here?" She asks, face pure red and eyes darting everywhere. Jason just shrugged.

"Your boyfriend hit me in the head, remember? So I crashed in your guest room, only to be awoken by you two having a grand ol' time." He smirks. "So, have you castrated Mr. Grayson yet?" He says, stealing a piece of bacon from Ruby's plate. Ruby's face was the color of a cherry now. "Jason! Get out!" She bome rushed him and sent him flying out the open terrace window. "I swear I'm going to kill that boy on day." Ruby growled. Pushing back some fallen hair she gave me a plate to fill as she went to sit down.

We sat in silence until Ruby sighed. "I'm really sorry Dick. That was so embarrassing." She says softly. I grip her hand. "Hey, it's okay. It was actually pretty funny to watch you get all flustered. You're usually so calm." I kiss her nose as I sit next to her. "Do you have work today?" I ask, taking a bite of toast. "Yeah," she sighs. "I have to pick up the boys from dad's and take them to the Enterprise building to show them what they'll inherit as sons." She laughs. "It's funny to think that you're one of..." Her eyes go wide and she stands on her feet, her face burning red. "Oh my God." She mutters. "You're my brother. You're technically my brother." She starts to pace back and forth. "Oh my God I just had s-s-"

"Sex?" I put in, standing with a sigh. Grabbing Ruby in a hug, I stop her from pacing. "Ruby." I whisper in her ear, making her shiver. "I've been disowned." I told her. She croaks out a, 'what?' And pulls away just enough to look at my face. "What are you talking about. You're his son." I shake my head. "Not in the legal sense. I was only his ward and when I left Robin behind, the papers were finalized and I was not longer even remotely related to him." I grip her arms tighter. "Ruby we don't even have to same last name, at least not right now." I mutter that last part but she seemed to have still heard it because she laughed. "Is that your way of a proposal?" I shrug. "More of a testing the waters to see if you're interested type thing." She looked at me with her large, green eyes, and then she looked down at my lips and then back at me and I couldn't help but smirk. "I love you Ruby." I say, before dipping down and giving her a searing kiss.

"I love you too." She says when we break for air. "I need to get dressed." She says trying to pull away but I hold onto her tighter. "No." I say, pushing her onto the couch. She laughs. "Richard Grayson. You get off of me. I have to get the boys." I kiss down her neck making her squerm. "I hate to tell you this my dear, but you're mine." I lean down to her ear. "For the whole day." I bite the shell of her ear and she gives a small moan. "The things I'll do to-" I was cut off by the small phone that was on the coffee table. I fall on top of her as she answers her phone. "Hello?" She asks into the phone. "Tell them that you're too busy, because your loving boyfriend is spending the day with you." She brought her finger to her lips to shush me.

"Sorry dad, I won't be able to get the boys today. I'm hanging out with an old friend and-" She freezes up. "How'd you-" Her face got redder with each passing second. "Yeah, he's here now. But I-" She sighs and composes herself. "Dad I'm not a kid anymore. I'm over the legal age and I love him." She looks at me and runs her fingers through my hair. "If you don't approve, there's not much you can do to stop me. I'll see you later." With that she hung up. "Looks like we will have to report to duty at the cave later. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when we tell them about us." She brushes some hair out of my face and sighs. "But I need to get dressed first. No, shower first." She gave me a seductive smile. "Care to join me?"

(A/N~ Sorry that I've been gone for so long. I've been working on other things. But I hope I can roll out more chapters soon!)

(Forever your favorite Author,)

(ScarletTodd)

(PS: Comments and likes are much loved here)