Chapter 5: Long Nights

"Hello my little ones! Your sister is back!" I declare as I open the doors to the manor. Loud footsteps could be heard as the two boys raced towards me. "KITTY!" They scream as they wrapped their arms around me. "Yes, yes. I know, I'm the best sister ever. Now get your things and dawn your steeds, for tonight we race to Bludhaven!" I declare handing each a helmet. They raced off to get their respected bikes as Alfred comes to meet me at the door. "They're always so happy to see you Miss Ruby. How do you do it?" Alfred asks. I shrugged. "I just act like myself, they seem to like that side of me. Of course I do have to bring down the hammer every one and a while, but they still love me." I gave a sigh. "tell Bruce I said hi will you?" I ask as I put on my helmet and get back on Fury.

"Boys are you ready?" I ask through our helmet coms. "Ready!" They both say. "Then let's go!" I yell, revving off first. We take tight turns and cheaty routs to my apartment. "I win!" Damian cries as he pulls into the garage. "Last again?!" Tim cries. "Well that just means that you have to sleep on the pull out couch. What's so bad about that?" I asked. "It's a sucky pull out couch that's what's so bad." He pouted. "You're just jealous I get to skip out on morning dishes because I won!" Damian said. "But you'll have to do Sunday afternoon dishes." Tim pointed out. I sighed as we entered the elevator to get to the tenth floor. "Boys if you can't stop with your bickering I'll duck tape both of you to the pull out couch." They gasped. "You wouldn't!" Damian proclaimed. I unlocked my door. "Try me." I say dangerously as I open my door.

"I'm going to take a shower and then I have to head to work. Foods in the fridge try not to burn down the house and no fighting. If I find out you fought I'll start taking off appendages. That's how tired I am." I said as I took my change of clothes into the bathroom. I yawned as I got into my shower, deciding it'd be faster than a rose oil bath. I'd also forgotten to ask Alfred for the oil. My bad.

Stepping out of the shower, I dried my body and hair, putting on new underwear, a black cocktail dress with strapped heels then I proceeded to blow dried my hair choosing to let it sit in curls for tonight. "I'm off. Play nice!" I called as I shut the door to my apartment, clutching my dufflebag that carried my Miss Kitty attire if I needed to change at all tonight.

Travis' bar was only a block away so I prefered to walk on nights like this. The bell jingled as I entered the front door. The bar was simple in layout. A square bar with three taps, square tables and circular hightops, with six flat screens paid by yours truly. My position in the bar is to be the bouncer on the inside. We also have one posted on the outside, his name's John, nice guy, and on slow nights I'm not here so it's just John. But it's Friday, meaning it's one our fullest nights. So that means two things: Gropers and bar fights.

"Trav. I'll have Whiskey on the rocks." I say as I cross my legs as I sit at the bar stool. "As you wish Kitty." He says, getting my drink ready. "Whiskey's a little strong for such an elegant little thing like you dear." A drunkard says. I swat away his hand that was resting on my leg. "I'll have to ask that you don't touch me, Sir." I say sternly. "Hey, with what you're wearing, you couldn't have left the house thinking no one was gonna try and touch you, did ya?" He placed his hand back on my leg. "Look! I said--" I was cut off as the man was picked up by the collar. "The lady said stop." I recognized the voice immediately.

"Jason, put the bastard down." I said calmly. "Sure. Right after I teach him a lesson for touching my sister!" I sighed. "Jason, just throw him out, don't cause a scene, please, for me." I looked at him in the eyes. The 'for me' I knew would get him, it always did. "Fine," she said with a blush. "but if you ever touch her again, I'll make sure you're unrecognizable." He let the man go and I will admit it was very entertaining to watch him scurry out the door like a rat.

Jason sat next to me, still in his get up minus his red helmet. "So," I started. "What's your business in Bludhaven?" I asked. "I'm looking for Dick." He said bluntly. I nearly choked on my own spit. "I'm sorry, but what makes you think he's here?" I said, before thanking Travis for my drink. "This." He said, setting down a picture of the man in blue I'd met at the Conservatory. "The symbol on his chest is the same symbol as the one on the pendent you gave Dick when you were kids." He had a point, but if he was right then that means I've met Dick again... "So, why are you telling me this?" I ask, downing my drink think it was shot. Jason laughed. "Wow, you still can down those like there water, amazing." I rolled my eyes.