Chapter 10: The Hard To Get Girl Code!

Ruby's pov

I hummed as I examined myself for the tenth time before giving a sigh of approval. "Wish me luck Jean." I said, rubbing my grey cat's fur. He'd just gotten back from his kitty retreat and he's currently reacclimating on his kitty bed on the top of his scratch post tower. He meowed in annoyance. "Shh. I know." I laughed, giving him a pat on his head. "Bye Jean!" I called before shutting my door and skipping towards the station. I was thirty minutes early, but I could always wait for Richard to get ready.

"Um, hello, I'm here for Officer Richard." I said, looking over the front desk. The female officer raised an eyebrow at me before she silently picked up the phone. "Sir, I have a girl here asking for Richard, is he in?" She waited listening for the person on the other end to reply. "Sure sir. I'll tell her." She hung up the phone and looked to me with a deadpanned face. "Officer Grayson is currently out on an emergency call. You can come back later or wait." She gestured to the door or the wooden bench. I chose the wooden bench.

After thirty minute of waiting I started to play on my phone. Constantly being shushed by the girl at the desk. The Five Nights At Freddy's mobile app was an intense game, not my fault they made it so scary.

When my phone died an hour later, I started to fall asleep. I tried as hard as I could to keep my eyes open but I just couldn't...

Richard's pov

I burst into the station. It was eight O'clock at night and I felt like the worst person in the world. It didn't help that when I came in the first thing I saw was Kitty, sleeping on the bench. I sat next to her and brushed some of her hair out of her face. Her eyes didn't open but she groaned as she leaned towards me. "You're late." She muttered. I gave a small laugh. "Sorry, emergencies are emergencies, I got back as soon as I could." She sighed and opened her eyes. "You owe me big time for this. You have no idea how many thugs came in trying to hit on me while you were gone." She scooted so close to me that our legs touched. "I think I deserve a reward for waiting for so long." She whispered and inch from my face.

I didn't even answer, I just placed my hand behind her neck and made the space between us disappear. Kitty placed a hand on my leg to deepen the kiss, making me feel like I was on fire. When she pulled away, she laughed. "Was that a good enough kiss, Mr. Dick Grayson?" She said lazily. I looked at her a little shocked as she stood. "You're just lucky that I respect my moal Shipoopi code." She said with a laugh. "Goodbye Dick." She said. Walking out of the station, I chased after her.

"WAIT!" I called out from the top of the steps, making her stop. The sound of thunder and rain drowning out some of my volume. "What?" She looked at me innocently and tilted her head from the bottom of the steps. "If-if you didn't like me or-or whatever. Then why the kiss? You must have some explanation." She laughed and turned fully to me, her hair becoming stringy and falling in her eyes. "Because, I'm Ruby Wayne. Daughter of Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne. And you," she started to turn away. "Are not worth what I thought you would be." I felt as if she'd run me through with a rusty knife. "Ruby..." I couldn't even produce a sentence as I watched her walk down the wet sidewalk.

Ruby's pov

As soon as I made it past the threshold of my door, I broke. Tears fell silently from my face. "He's that bad, eh?" A voice said, breaking my from my episode. "I thought with all the girls he's been with that he'd at least keep you overnight." Jason said as he stuffed a handful of chips into his face. I stripped off my heels and tried to say something but instead a bunch of squeaky sobs came out. Jason sighed and came to meet me at the door. "He really did a number on you. Come here." He said as he pulled me into a hug. "I swear I'll kill him next time I see him." Jason growled. I shook my head. "N-no." I whipped away my tears. "He- I just wanted to make him feel how I did when I found out about him and magical curvă." Jason whistled. "Romanian? When'd you learn that one?" I laughed. "How about I tell you after I change out of these wet clothes?"

"I could always help you with that." Jason said playfully. I smacked his chest and wiggled out of his grasp. "Keep talking like that and I'll just call dad and have you relocated." I said, dropping my purse on the counter. "Oh no, I'm so scared that your dad will put me away... It's so horrid." He said sarcastically. "Seriously Ruby, I'm not your little brother. I'm a man now." He said, puffing out his chest. I stood on my tip toes to ruffle his hair. "No, you're still my little, overprotective, needs-approval-to-survive, brother." He groaned as I went into my room to change. "You're cruel, you know that right." He said from outside my door. "Says the boy whose broken at least twenty of my bras within the time I've known him for his stupid sling shot antics?" I questioned as I slipped on my cotton, red nightgown. He groaned again. "They're HUGE, how could I not want you use them?" I opened my door making him land on his back.

"Maybe because you have SOME human decency and respect towards yours sister?" I asked. He tilted his head. "Lacy granny panties? Really Ruby?" He asked. I blushed furiously and stepped on his chest and stomach. "YOU DIRTY PERVERT!" I screamed.

Richard's pov

"And then she said something about a moral shipoopi code! I don't even know what that means?" I explained everything from the kiss to the weird about to leave thing to Wally, Damian, and Tim for their advice on the whole thing. Damian and Tim started to laugh. "What's so funny?" I asked angrily. "Well, a woman who'll kiss on the very first date Is usually a hussy." Tim said. "And a woman who'll kiss on the second time out is anything but fussy." Damian said. "But the woman who waits 'till the third time around, head in the clouds, feet on the ground!" Tim said before linking arms with Damian. "Shi-Poo-Pi! Shi-Poo-Pi! Shi-Poo-Pi! Shi-Poo-Pi! The girl who's hard to get! Shi-Poo-Pi! Shi-Poo-Pi! Shi-Poo-Pi! But you can win her yet!" They sang together before falling from laughing so hard.

"I have absolutely no idea what's going on right now." I said, looking at Wally who was just as confused as I was. "It's-it's from Ruby's favorite non-Disney musical." Tim said between pants. "Yeah. I never thought she'd take it so seriously." Damian said. I face palmed. "I hate you both so much." I said. "Aw don't say that." Damian said. "We both know that if it weren't for your mistake, than you'd still have Ruby by your side. So technically, you're just using us as targets for your own undiscovered self hate." He said. I opened my mouth to speak when I shut it. "Sure, whatever. I'm going back to the station."

"For what?" Wally asked. I didn't answer because I knew he'd try and find a different way to the destination I was headed in.