Chapter 8: Join.

"B33-Catgirl." The Zeta Tube said, as I walked into it. "Reauthorize: B33-Miss Kitty." I say, adjusting my outfit. "Reauthorized." The lifeless voice said. "KITTY!" Megan yelled, tackling me in a tight hug. "I'm so happy you decided to come!" I pushed her off of me. "Good to see you too, Meg." I said, dusting myself off as Damian and Tim walked out of the Zeta Tube. "Where to first? Perhaps the kitchen? I'm a little peckish myself." I suggest. Megan's face lights up. "I just made a batch of cookies! You can have one of those, unless Wally's eaten them all?" I had to stop for a moment to comprehend her words. "Wally's here?" I asked. "Well yeah, he's be stuck here since we saved him from the Speedforce." She said. like it was nothing. "I hadn't even know he was gone." I muttered as we walked into the kitchen.

"I'm fine!" Wally declared as we entered to room. He was laying on the couch with a foot propped on the table in front of him. Artemis was trying to get him up and off the couch, but to no avail. I smiled. "As lazy as ever I see." I said, placing my hands on my hips. I swear, his head whipped towards me so fast that he grew a second head for a moment. "Ruby?" He declared, falling off the couch trying to stand. I laughed and helped Artemis pick Wally back up. "You can't call me Ruby here, Wally. Here, I'm Miss Kitty." I said, sitting on the couch next to him. "So, where have you been and what have I missed with you not visiting anymore?" I asked, stretching my arms across the back and crossing my legs. "Well, Artemis and I are married and have a little speedster on the way." He said. "Or archer." Artemis interjected. "OR BOTH!" Wally said happily. I laughed. "Do you know if it's gonna be a girl or boy yet?" I asked. "Well," Wally grabbed Artemis' hand that was on his shoulder. "we want it to be a surprise, but we have been thinking of names."

"Yeah, they've come up with at least a notebook full of names." Damian interjected. "Yeah, they even asked us for names." Tim said. "Oh? And what names did you suggest?" Tim opened his mouth to answer when a certain magician walked into the room. I gritted my teeth together to stop me from ripping out her throat. "Oh. I wasn't told we were getting a new recruit today." She said, in almost a baby like voice. I forced a smile and stood. "I'm not a recrute, I'm just deciding weather I'd like to join or not. Red Robin and Robin are giving me tour." She lifted an eyebrow. "Well if you ever need anything let me know."

"Well, if you're willing, I'd like to spare with someone and you seem to be on my level. If you don't mind." I lied so easily it was almost scary, but she seemed to buy it by the smirk on her face. "I'd love to." She said and we walked to the main training hall. The lights came on and we assumed our ready positions. "Ready Miss Magic?" I asked. "Ready!" She said lifting her arms. "Gnirb-" Before she could get one word out I whipped my whip around her throat and threw her into the air. Once in the air I sent a hard punch into her abdomen, sending her into the wall. "Maybe you're not on my level." I said half heartedly. "I mean with your spells, you're a long range fighter. Can you even fight close range?" I could see the anger in her eyes at my last comment and I smiled. "Maybe you should work on that, yeah?" She growled and came at me with full force. I let her hit my stomach to show her that I didn't move and felt no pain. The look on her face expressed fear and astonishment.

"What are you?" She asked. I scoffed and smirked. "A monster and your worst nightmare." I took her arm in my hands and threw her into another wall. I was going to finish the fight once and for all when the voice of the computer said, "B01-Nightwing." My eyes went wide a little and cursed under my breath. "What are you doing here?!" We asked in unison. "Little Boy Blue works at your playhouse and you didn't tell me?" I asked, pointing at Tim and Damian. The stood up straight and looked away from me. "Don't go pointing fingers! I bet you forced them to bring you here!" He declared, getting face to face with me. "ME? No. I was INVITED by BATMAN himself!" I shouted as I poked him in the chest. "That's a lie!" He shouted back.

"No Nightwing. It's the truth." I jumped at hearing dad's batman voice. "But Batman she's-"

"Our newest member of the team, assuming she's accepted my offer." I could tell he was raising an eyebrow behind his mask. "Of course, I'd love to join." I said with a giant smile on my face. I gave Nightwing a look. "As long as little birdy here doesn't tweet off to me."