Chapter Twenty Two

Phil and I walk downstairs to Cora's cell. She laid there staring up at the ceiling. Cora looked up when she saw us coming. "Who is that?" She asked referring to Phil. He sighs and tells her his real name. She shrugs and stands up. "I was thinking you could let me leave."

"I can't, Eric has to turn you over to the werewolves." I say as I cross my arms. She crosses her arms then sits down on the bed.

"This is ridiculous. It's my job to kill supernatural beings!" She yelled.

"Well, it's my job to protect them. I mean I am soon to be queen of the vampires." I say and put my hands on my hips.

"Please Kayla I don't want to die." She said and looked at me. I sighed in frustration.

"I hate that I'm such a good person." I shout and close my eyes. "I'll see what I can do." I say and look at Phil. He looks at her then sighs and shakes his head. I walk out of the room.

"That isn't my sister." He says softly. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry. You'll find her." I say and close Cora's cell. I lock it then walk upstairs. Phil follows me and Alice runs over to me crying. "What's wrong sweetie?" I ask and pick her up.

"Hayden pushed me down." She said and put her face in my neck. I walk outside and find Hayden. I grab him by his wrist.

"Did you push Alice down?" I ask and look at him. He nodded and avoided my gaze. "Why?"

"I wanted to swing." He said and looked down. I hand Alice to Phil and pull Hayden into the house.

"You're going to time out and you're going to bed without tv tonight." I say as I pull him to his room. "After your timeout your going to apologize to your sister."

"She isn't my sister!" He yelled and I looked at him shocked.

"Hayden, don't ever let me hear you yell at your mother like that again." I hear Eric's voice and Hayden's eyes widen. "Apologize now!" Eric shouted.

"I'm sorry mommy." Hayden said as his eyes filled with water.

"Go to your room." I said softly. He runs into the room and I look at Eric. "Was it necessary to scare him."

"He needs to learn." He replied as he walked over to me. "I know you hate punishing him, but we can't let him yell at you and think it's okay." He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

"I'm going to go check on him." I say as I look at him. He nods and I walk into Hayden's room. He was sitting on his bed with his knees pulled up to his chest and he was crying. I walked over to him and made him look up. "Hayden you understand why you're in trouble right?"

"Because I yelled at you." He says and I shake my head.

"Because you pushed your sister off the swing." I tell him. I wipe the tears off his face and he looks at me.

"She isn't my sister." He whispered.

"Yes she is, she calls me mommy." I explained.

"She does?" He asked and I nodded.

"I consider her my daughter because we adopted her." I say and he nodded. "You know what that means right?" He shakes his head. I laugh and pull him into my lap. "It means that me and daddy are her new parents."

"So she is my new sister?" He asked and I nodded. "Oh, I think I should go apologize to her."

"You should apologize either way. Pushing people is not nice." I say sternly. He nods and looks down. I make him look up and he avoids my eyes. "What is it?"

"I feel bad for yelling at you and for pushing Alice." He said softly.

"You want to go apologize to her?" I asked and he nodded. I got up and picked him up. I carried him down to Alice. She looked at him warily.

"I'm sorry Alice." He said softly.

"It's okay." She replied and smiled big. They ran over to the play set and started playing. I feel someone grab me from behind and lift me up. I scream in surprise and turn to see Eric. I laugh and turn to kiss him. He sets me down, but keeps his arms wrapped around me. We watch the kids play for a little while until it started to get dark.

"Come on you two, it's time to go inside." I told them and they ran over Alice ran to Phil, who picked her up, and Hayden ran to Eric, who picked him up. Eric put his free arm around me and we walked inside. As I was walking through the kitchen, one of the chefs told me dinner was ready. I nodded and walked into the living room. "Time to eat guys." Some nodded and we all sat at the table. Trevor was not there in his spot. For some odd reason I started to get a sick feeling in my stomach.

"Is everything okay?" Eric asked and I nodded.

"My stomach is upset that's all." I replied as the food was set in front of me.

"Is the baby okay?" He asked quietly. I nodded as I took a bite of food.

"Yeah, I'm just wondering where Trevor is." I told him and Eric shrugged his shoulders. I ate the rest of my food in silence. I heard a knock on the door. One of the maids went and opened the door. She screamed and everyone jumped up. She covered her mouth as everyone ran to her. "Stay with Hayden and Alice." I told Amanda and she nodded. I rushed over as Eric grabbed me.

"No Kayla, you don't want to see it." He said as he held me. I pulled away from him.

"I want to see what the problem is." I say as I walk to the door and see Trevor lying there, his lifeless eyes stared up at me. His throat was ripped out and he had this look of pure terror on his face. Tears filled my eyes as I bent down and closed his eyes. There was a note attached to his chest. This is what it said:

GIVE CORA BACK TO US.