Chapter Ten

"How do I not know that you're lying?" I asked.

"Please Kayla, I wouldn't do that. Can you just get to the hospital?" He asked.

"Yeah we'll be there soon." I said then hung up. "Trevor take me to the hospital."

"Kayla its a trick and you know it." Trevor stated.

"What if it isn't Trevor? I would have that guilt on my chest for the rest of my life. So, you either take me or I go myself." I told him. He sighed the gestured for me to go to the car. I walked out and told Drake to stay then walked to the car. I placed Hayden in his car seat then buckled him up. He was still sleeping when I closed his door then got into the passenger side.

"I don't feel comfortable doing this." Trevor said. I ignored his comment and he sighed then started up the car. He drove until we reached the correct hospital then he parked. I got out and picked Hayden up out of his seat. I walked inside then to the receptionist she looked up and smiled at me.

"Hello, can you tell me where Lucas Collins is?" I asked.

"Are you a family member or a friend?" She questioned.

"Family." I answered.

"Okay he's on the third floor room 219." She said. I thanked her then walked to an elevator. I went to the third floor and Trevor got in behind me hitting button number three. I walked over until I got to room 219 and I opened the door. I was met with all of my friends and a crying Eric. My heart was pulled and I wanted to go over to him to comfort him, but I fought it. Lucas was hooked up to the machines and it was beeping loudly this caused Hayden to wake up.

"Where are we Mommy?" He asked. All heads shot in our direction when they heard Hayden. I looked at them then back at Hayden and smiled.

"We are here to see Grandpa Lucas." I told him. I walked over to the side of the bed and smiled at Lucas. He was a part of my life so much that I loved him like a father. I had tears in my eyes and Hayden looked up at me.

"Why are you crying Mommy?" He asked.

"I'm not there is something in my eye." I said then he shook his head.

"Let me have my grandson." Lucas stated with a tired smile. I set Hayden beside Lucas then Lucas grabbed my hand as a cough racked through his body. He let go of my hand then smiled at Hayden. I felt someone place their hand on my shoulder and I turned to see Eric.

"Can we please talk?" He asked. I shook my head then turned to look back at Lucas. "Kayla please."

"Fine, but if for one second I think you're trying anything I will take Hayden and leave." I told him. Trevor went to follow, but I held my hand up. "Stay in here and keep an eye on Hayden." We walked out into the hallway and he looked at me.

"Kayla, please come back home. I need you and Hayden in my life." He pleaded.

"You know I can't do that, at least not until you get your curse lifted. I can't jeopardize either of our safety." I told him.

"That is bull crap Kayla!" He exclaimed. "You know I would never hurt you or Hayden."

"You have before when you first got this curse you hurt me. Almost did something to me that you would have regretted for the rest of your life." I replied.

"You can't bring that up. It isn't fair and you forgave me for hurting you. Please just come home. If I lose my father, my mate, and my son all in the span of three days I will break. You and I both know that." He said. I shook my head then crossed my arms. "Kayla please." I tried to avoid looking into his eyes because I knew I would give in if I did.

"No. I will come back, but not right now." I stated then turned and walked inside the room. Eric came in five minutes later with a tear stained face. I looked at Lucas and he gestured for me to walk over. Hayden got off the bed and walked over to Trevor. I went to Lucas and he motioned for me to bend down.

"Go back to Eric because what's about to happen will turn him into a monster if you're not there." He whispered. "I know he has anger issues, but he would never hurt you. I'm glad he has a mate like you. Please just go back to him." His voice faded away and his eyes closed. A loud continues beep filled the room as nurses and doctors rushed in. They tried to save Lucas but instead announced his death at one thirteen in the morning. Eric walked out of the room with a broken and lost look on his face.

"Go out into the hallway and stay there with uncle Trevor." I told Hayden then walked out of the room. I looked for Eric and finally found him just standing in the middle of a hallway with his back to me. I walked over to him and placed a hand on his back. He turned around and looked at me. I smiled reassuringly at him then pulled him into a hug.

"Please come home." He pleaded. I could here how broken he was and nodded.

"I'll come home, but I will not be staying there for long. I will wait for you to be strong enough about your fathers death then I will go." I told him and played with his short hair to calm him down. "I will also be in a different room from you."

"What's the point of you even coming home if you're just going to leave again? I will never get over my fathers death and I will never be able to let you leave me again." He replied and pulled away from me. "I don't want you anymore."

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"If you can't stand by my side through my rough stages in life then I don't want you to be my mate anymore. You're supposed to understand and to love me unconditionally." I interrupted him by slapping him. He had made me very upset.

"You can't come crying to me then be like I don't want you anymore" I told him. "I can't believe you just said that to me." I turned to walk away but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what I was saying. I think I'm still in shock from my fathers death." He said. I sighed then looked up at him and he pleaded with his big green eyes. "I would never give you up for anything on the world. I love you with all of my heart."

"Like I said I'll come home, but Hayden will be staying with my father." I stated.then he looked at me shocked.

---------------------
So I will be updating on *dramatic drumroll in background* Monday. I don't know why you guys chose this day, but I said you could choose. So Monday is the update day starting NOW!