Chapter Four

"You help her up right now, and you contact Eric. Tell him to come to the kitchen." I ordered as I thought about it. "Please." Trent had heard me and he walked out with Hayden hiding behind him.

"Stay here Hayden." Trent said then ran over to me. He helped me to the kitchen and I sat down because I was starting to feel sick. The guard lead Cora into the kitchen then gave me a look.

"Do you need to say something?" Trent asked the guard. He looked over at Trent and shook his head. "Then I suggest you stop looking at her like that and go find something else to do." The guard walked away and I put my head on the table as I breathed in deeply. Trent walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You okay Kayla?"

"Yeah, I just need you to take Hayden to the dragon stables." I said as Cora looked at me weird. Trent nodded and picked Hayden up. Hayden waved at me as Trent carried him out.

"Dragons?" Cora asked and I looked at her. I nodded as I lifted my head up to look at her. "But, dragons aren't real."

"Yeah they are. You wouldn't believe half the stuff that is true. I still find it hard to believe even after all that has happened to me in the past couple of years." I told her.

"Like what?" She asked.

"Like for starters I was adopted by vampires and now I'm married to a vampire." I said. She looked at me strangely. "That's just the beginning. Then I have adoptive parents, who are Fae, that took me in after finding me. I was kidnapped by my adoptive brother who is also a Fae. He has multiple personalities and tried to kill me. He's fine now, and finally I met my biological father." I finished. She looked at me. "Oh! Also, he is the king of hell and my mom was an angel."

"Oh my god I think I'm going to faint." She said as she grabbed her head. "Have you met your mom?"

"No, she's dead." I told her. I heard someone clear their throat and looked up to see Eric. I smiled at him, but he shook his head. I could tell he was upset. "Eric, before you say anything. I know her she was one of my closest friends from the orphanage." Two guards appeared behind Eric.

"Grab her." Eric ordered. I struggled to stand, but was able to. I stood in front of her and shook my head.

"I know for a fact that she didn't do anything." I stated.

"Kayla, don't say anything. I am trying not to yell, but you are pushing it with me." I stared at him in shock as the guards grabbed her. I sat down as I tried to block out her cries. "What gave you the right to stop my men from doing what they were told?" I felt anger go through me as I shot back up.

"What gives me the right?" I asked. "The fact that I am your mate and I have the same amount of authority as you is what gives me the right!" I shouted he clenched his fist again and his eyes were starting to glow red. "Eric, you've lied to me about that spell again. You told me that you broke it and for the second time you lied to me."

"You don't get to protect someone who has done something wrong." He said.

"She didn't do anything wrong!" I shouted.

"She killed a vampire!" He yelled at me. He slammed his fist on the table and that caused it to shake. His vampire form had showed as he looked at me with his canines long and his eyes a bright red as he breathed heavily. I stared at him in fear as I heard someone whimper. Eric and I looked to see that it was Hayden. He had tears running down his face as he hid behind Trent. Trent stared at Eric with shock in his eyes. Hayden looked at Eric in fear as he ran off. Trent ran after him as Eric looked back at me. I gathered up my strength and began to walk the direction that Hayden had taken off in. Eric grabbed my arm to stop me and I tore it out of his grip.