Chapter Eleven

I arrived to my dad's house with Trevor then took Hayden inside. I gave him to my father then sighed. "I'm going back to Eric's for a couple of days. I will be back soon, but Eric needs me right now." I told my dad and he nodded. I kissed Hayden who was asleep then kissed my father's cheek.

"If you need me just call okay." He said. I nodded then turned around and walked back out to the car where Trevor sat waiting for me. I got in and wiped my eyes because I felt tears starting to fill them.

"What's wrong?" Trevor asked.

"I guess I'm just upset that I'm going to be away from Hayden for a while." I stated. He nodded then started the car and backed out. "This is probably what Eric felt when he couldn't see Hayden."

"Kayla, you're making the right decision by keeping him with your father. I don't think you're making the right decision to go to him for a couple of days, but that's your choice." Trevor said then drove to the vampire castle. Eric stood outside waiting for me as I got out of the car and walked out to him. He put his arm around my shoulder. I went to shrug it off, but didn't because I had missed it.

"Where's Hayden?" He asked like he didn't know.

"I told you he wasn't coming with me." I told him again. He sighed then we walked inside and I saw everyone sitting around. I sighed then walked over to the couch and sat down. I noticed something was wrong with Eric and looked at him. He looked down at me with sad eyes before sitting down in front of me and his back was facing me. I started to play with his hair as I thought about what would Hayden be like when he woke up with my dad. It was starting to get late and we all headed up to our rooms. I went to my old room that belonged to both Eric and I. Then I grabbed my blanket and pillow, but Eric grabbed my arm.

"Please don't leave me tonight." He begged, but I shook my head.

"I'm sorry, but I'll be in Hayden's room so I won't be far away." I told him and kissed his cheek. I walked out to Hayden's room and moved all of Hayden's stuff off the bed then laid down. I was having a hard time falling asleep without Hayden there with me, but tried my hardest to fall asleep. I heard Eric's snoring through the wall and started to laugh. He had always snored loudly, but I was usually asleep before he was and never noticed. I watched TV for an hour when I heard Eric saying something. I heard him say my name so I got up and walked over to his room. He was tossing and turning in the bed with tears running down his face. My heart broke as I watched him then I walked over to him and got in the bed. "Eric." I said and shook him. He sat up with tears running down his face and I wiped them off.

"It was so horrible my father was there and died, but this time it was worse. Then you started to kiss Trevor and it just got worse from there." He told me as he sat there looking so lost and sad. I pulled him into me and hugged him as hard as I could. I knew what it felt like to think someone was kissing your mate.

"I would never do that to you Eric. I probably wouldn't date again if we ever got a divorce." I explained to him. He hugged me then I decided I would just stay in the room with him. We laid down with my head on his chest and his arm around me. I sighed as I fell asleep and wished Hayden was with me. I woke up the next morning to Eric sitting there looking lost again. "Eric?" Still laying next to him.

"I can't do this without you and Hayden by my side. I will literally break without you. Please just come home and stay." He begged.

"I don't know." I said.

"I promise I will not hurt you or Hayden. I haven't before I have made sure I wouldn't." He replied.

"I know that, but there's always that chance." I stated.

"No there's not there are so many people around that it would never happen." He said.

"Who do you listen to that lives here?" I asked.

"My dad." He answered. I looked up at him and realization crossed his face. I knew in that split second he forgotten his dad passed away. I sat up and he looked at me. I pulled him into a hug as he sat there in shock. "I forgot."

"Its okay." I said as I rubbed his back. That's when I realized that he needed me to be with him or he would fall apart slowly like his father did. I couldn't let that happen to him so I pulled away from him and looked at him. "I have to go to my dads to get a few things then I'll be right back." I got up then ran downstairs to Trevor.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I shook my head and gestured to the door.

"Let's go." I said then we walked out to the car. I was glad I was going to see Hayden again as we drove to my dad's castle. I walked inside and Hayden came sprinting down the stairs. He jumped into my arms and I smiled as I caught him. I kissed his face and hugged him tight. "Go get your stuff and Drake then we are leaving." I put him down and he ran upstairs.

"Kayla, this isn't a good idea." Trevor stated.

"Its not your decision. He isn't going to make it without us so we're going back." I told him. I waited for Hayden to come downstairs then my dad snapped his fingers and my stuff was there. Hayden came down with his stuff then we walked to the car and placed it inside.

"Are you sure about this?" My dad asked. I nodded then got in the car. Trevor drove me back to Eric's castle and I heard things being thrown.

"Stay here." I said then ran inside. Everyone looked at me there was glass everywhere so I was careful where I walked. "What's going on?" I asked. I walked over to Eric who had scratches on his hands, but they were healing up.

"I thought you left me again." He whispered.

"Nope and if you wait right here I have a surprise for you." I stated then walked over to the door. I motioned for Trevor to bring Hayden in. Hayden got out of the car and ran inside. Eric scooped Hayden into his arms and kissed his head. "We're going to stay, but don't make me regret this." I said then looked outside and saw a pair of purple eyes in the woods.

---------------------------
So I'm thinking about just forgetting about updating once a week and just updating when I type a chapter. I don't know, but if I decide to do it you guys must stop begging for updates. I update when I can. Anyway check out my new story I just posted called "The Alpha's Mate."