Chapter Seven

"Yes, this is Kayla." I answered and the girls looked up at me.

"Hello, I wanted to call you to tell you we got your test results back." He said. I waited for him to tell me the results. "You're pregnant." I was in a state of shock and didn't answer. "Are you okay Mrs. Collins?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you, was there anything else that came back as positive?" I asked.

"No, just the pregnancy test." He replied then hung up. Willow looked at me with anxious eyes.

"Is everything okay." She asked.

"Yeah, I just need to get home to Eric." I told them as they all looked at me suspiciously.

"Come on Kayla, we know something's up." Amanda said.

"Fine, but you have to promise not to say anything until I tell Eric myself." I stated. They all nodded then I sighed. "I'm pregnant again." They all started shrieking so I made them be quiet. "Not a word to Eric!"

"Okay, we promise." Lilli said. We all went to the car and started to drive home. The whole car ride home I had so many thoughts running through my mind like would Hayden be jealous of the new baby and we're we ready for a new baby. Someone put their hand on my shoulder and I turned my head to see Lilli. "I can sense that you're stressed. I know that everything will be okay and just remember you have us to help you." She smiled at me. I smiled back as we pulled into the driveway to see Hayden sitting on the steps outside crying. I got up and walked over to him.

"What's wrong sweetie?" I asked.

"I don't feel good." He whimpered.

"What are you doing outside?" I asked.

"Daddy scares me." He told me. I took a deep breath then picked him up. He rested his head on my shoulder as I walked inside. He fell asleep on the way up to his room so I put a kids channel on in case he woke up, I walked out of his room and went on the search for Eric. I found him sitting in his office working on something. I walked in and placed my hand on my hips. He didn't notice my presence so I coughed and his head shot up.

"Hey, how was your trip?" He asked.

"It was good. Until I came home to find our five year old son, who is sick, sitting on the steps crying." I stated.

"I didn't know he was on the steps." Eric tried to defend himself.

"That's not an excuse, he is five, an adult is supposed to stay with small children at all times." I started to get angry.

"Why are you getting upset?" He asked.

"You told me you had him!" I shouted.

"Don't shout at me." He said calmly.

"He's five years old and sick. On top of it all I'm his mother so I'm allowed to shout at you." I yelled as his eyes started to get red.

"You better calm down or you're going to make me mad." He stated while he closed his eyes to calm himself.

"You're always mad so it doesn't matter anymore because our son is terrified of you." I told him. His eyes shot open and they were bright red.

"Then maybe you should leave because I'm tired of fighting with you!" He shouted. My tears started to well up and he realized what he had said.

"Okay, I will!" I yelled then walked out of the room. I walked up to my room and pulled out a duffel bag. I started to throw random stuff into a bag. I knew I could leave some stuff behind as I took my duffel bag and walked to Hayden's room. I grabbed one of his bags and started to fill it with clothes. I woke him up and he looked up at me tiredly. "Come here sweetie." I told him and he got up. I picked him up as the tears flowed down my face. "Trevor!" I yelled. He popped up at the door and saw the tears flowing down my face.

"I know what happened I'll get your bags and we'll leave." He said then picked up our bags.

"Drake." I called to the dragon. He ran up to me and licked my leg. "Come on boy, we're going to go somewhere for a while." We walked out of the house and a car pulled up. I put Hayden in a car seat then stood up. Someone grabbed my arm and judging by the currents running through my arm it was Eric. "Eric let me go."

"You can't leave me." He said. Everyone had come outside to see what was going on. I snatched my arm away from him.

"Let me go." I ordered. Drake jumped into the car floor and sat at Hayden's feet. I closed the door as I walked around Eric. He grabbed ahold of my arm again and I tried to pull away, but couldn't.

"You can't take my son away from me." He told me.

"Yes, I can if you're a danger to him." I replied and tried to snatch my arm away again.

"Eric, let her go now!" Trevor said as he came over to us.

"You don't get to be in this demon." Eric stated as his eyes began to glow. I took my other hand that was free and slapped Eric. He had a look of shock on his face as he let go of my arm.

"What happened to my mate that I grew to love? I'm leaving and I'm not coming back. You will not see me or either of your children until you have it under control." I told him.

"We only have one child together." He said.

"I'm pregnant, the doctor called me while I was at the mall and told me." I replied then walked to the passenger seat and got in the car. Trevor got into the drivers side. "Drive please." I begged and we took off. I looked back to see Eric on the ground with his face in his hands.

"Don't look back Kayla." Trevor told me while he gripped the wheel. Thats when I lost it and broke down into tears. I started to hyperventilate as Trevor pulled off to the side of the road. He rubbed my back in a friendly manner as he tried to calm me down.

I lied to him." I cried as we sat in the car.

"Your not pregnant?" Trevor asked.

"No, I really am pregnant." I told him as I leveled my breathing out. "I promised him I wouldn't leave him no matter what and I did exactly that."

"That's not your fault." He said. "You were worried about Hayden's safety and he told you to leave. Not only that, but he needs to control his anger because he could potentially hurt you or your son."

"We're are we going to go?" I asked.

"I have an idea of where. You don't need to worry about it, just relax and we'll be there soon." He said. I nodded then rested my head against the glass of the car window. I looked up to see purple eyes staring at me. I went to say something, but we were already pulling away. I sighed then closed my eyes while I hoped Eric did nothing bad while I was gone. I shook my head as I slowly started to fall asleep. Trevor patted my shoulder then continued to drive for a while. Soon I eventually fell asleep.