Chapter Thirteen

"What are you doing out here by yourself?" I asked.

"I'm running." She explained.

"Running from who?" I questioned.

"My master, he is very mean to me." She stated. "He likes to hit me when he gets upset and he locks me in the cellar with no food or water when I am in trouble." I looked at her and saw bruises up and down her legs as well as arms. "Please don't make me go back him." She started crying. It broke my heart and I walked over to her. I picked her up and she cried into my shoulder.

"Okay, you won't go back to him I promise." I told her as I rubbed her back. "I hope Eric won't be upset with me." I said as I started to walk back to the castle. I looked around and made sure no one saw me carrying a little girl that was half cat. I made it inside then went up to one of the empty rooms. I set the little girl down on the bed and saw what she was wearing. The clothes were ripped and filthy, not only that the clothes were like three sizes too big. "I'll be right back." I walked to my room and grabbed one of Eric's shirts. I walked back to the little girl and handed it to her. "There's a bathroom in there. You can take a bath if you would like."

"I-I don't know how to." She whispered.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I was never allowed baths. Master would just spray me with the hose." She explained.

"That's so mean. Okay, come on. I'll help you." I said then took her to the bathroom. I started her bath as I looked around for kids shampoo and conditioner. I eventually found it then walked back into the room to get a towel out of the closet. The girl looked at the water there was fear in her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I'm frightened of the water." She told me.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Master killed one of my friends with water." She answered.

"I promise I wouldn't do that. Do you want bubbles?" I asked.

"I don't know what those are." She replied. I made a shocked noise then went to Hayden's bathroom and got out Hayden's favorite bubble bath soap. I walked back and poured the soap under the running water. Bubbles filled up half the bathtub and I had make sure the she wouldn't be under the bubbles. I turned my head as she got undressed and got into the bath. I sat on a stool that I have in every bathroom in case I make Hayden get a bath in them. I got the kids shampoo and conditioner then put it to the side. I let the little girl play with the bubbles for a little while before I got a cup for the water.

"I'm going to wash your hair. Is that alright with you?" I asked and she nodded. "Okay, put your head back like this." I said then tilted my head back. She copied what I did then I washed we hair. After that I got a wash cloth then have it to her.

"I don't know what to do with this." She whispered.

"That's okay, I'll help you." I told her and helped her wash her body. "Its really simple." I smiled at her then grabbed the towel. I pulled the plug out of the drain so that the water would get out of the tub. I wrapped the girl in the towel then picked her up. I walked out of the room and looked around for some underwear for her. "Wait here for a couple seconds."

"Okay." She mumbled then I walked out of the room. I went to Abigail's room and she was sitting up in the bed playing video games with Savage in his human form.

"Hey Abigail, quick question. Do you have any underwear for little girls?" I asked.

"I had no idea you and Eric were into that kind of thing Kayla." Savage said.

"Shut up, we aren't into that. I found a young girl in the woods and need se underwear for her until I take her shopping for clothes." I explained.

"Why are you taking her shopping?" Abigail asked.

"Because, I'm going to adopt her. I know what its like to be in an adoption center and I refuse to send her there." I told them. "Abigail underwear?"

"Let me see what I've got." She said then hopped up. For a seven year old Abigail was very mature and very smart. "They might be a little big on her, but this should do until you are able to take her shopping."

"Thank you, also try not to stay up to late. Eric will kill you if you stay up late." I told her. She nodded then I walked out of the room. I walked back to the room where the young girl sat waiting for me. Her ears were against her head as she sat there. "You okay sweetie?" I asked as I walked in. She looked up and smiled at me as I walked over to her.

"I thought you left me alone." She explained.

"I wouldn't do that." I told her. I handed her the underwear Abigail gave to me. "These may be a little big. I'll get you new ones when we got to the store."

"You're going to take me to the store?" The girl asked.

"Yeah, you need some new clothes." I said.

"I get new clothes?" She questioned.

"Yes." I replied. She smiled at me and I could tell she was bouncing with excitement. "Come on, get dressed so I can dry your hair and brush it." I turned around while she dried off and got dressed.

"I'm done." She said. I turned back around and she sat on the bed with her legs crisscrossed. I smiled and walked over to the bed. I sat down behind her and looked at the night stand next to the bed. I opened a drawer to find a brush so I grabbed it. I dried her hair off to the best of my capability then started to brush it.

"Let me know if I hurt you, okay." I said and she nodded. I brushed her hair as she played with the bottom of the shirt. "Do you want me to braid your hair?"

"Yeah." She replied. "One time master had a girlfriend that was really nice to me and she would braid my hair after brushing it."

"Did you like the braid when she did it?" I asked and she nodded. I started to braid her hair as I hummed a song. After I finished the braid I looked at the girls face and she was starting to fall asleep. I smiled at her then laid her back against the pillows. I got up, but she grabbed my hand.

"Please don't leave me." She begged. Her purple eyes held so much sadness and fear. "After my master's girlfriend braided my hair she left and I never saw her again."

"I'm not going anywhere, I promise." I said then picked her up and carried her to my room where Eric slept. I put her into the bed then got in. She wrapped her arms around my torso and rested her head against my chest. I smiled and hummed as I laid there. She fell asleep and I fell asleep about twenty minutes later.