Chapter Twenty

I sat there crying and heard someone knocking on the door of the bathroom. "Mommy, are you okay?" I heard Alice ask.

"Yes honey." I said my voice shaking. I hear someone walk up to the door and whisper something to Alice. I heard her sigh then walk off.

"Kayla, open the door." Eric stated.

"No, I don't want you to see me like this." I yelled through the door then looked in the mirror to see I was back to normal. "Wait, I'm back to normal." I opened the door and saw Eric. He pulled me into a hug and we just sat there not saying anything.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I need to go speak with my father." I told him.

"I'm coming with you." He told me.

"No, you can't. I have to do this on my own and demons don't like vampires." I said. He sighed then nodded and looked at me. "I'm taking Hayden and Alice. They need to visit their grandfather."

"Okay, please be careful." He stated then kissed me.

"I will." I said after I pulled away from him. "I love you."

"I love you too." He stated then kissed my forehead and walked away. I went upstairs to the Hayden's room and he looked at me. I grabbed clothes out of the dresser.

"Here put these clothes on we're going to visit Grandpa Jake." I put them on his bed. I walked to Alice's room and picked out an outfit. I dresses her and kissed her head then braided her hair. I took them down to my car, after grabbing my purse, and got the two in their car seats. Eric walked out and kissed me I could sense he was worried. "Don't worry I'm coming back."

"I know, but the last time I lost you." He said. I kissed him again and shook my head.

"I'm coming back." I got into the car and started it. I drove off and looked in the rear view mirror. I drove and Alice was in the back talking to Hayden. "Alice there's something I need to talk to you about."

"What is it?" She asked.

"Well we're going it's a very dark and not friendly place. When we get there I'm going to pick you up and I want you to close your eyes." I told her she nodded and we started to see dead trees surrounding us instead of live ones. The sky started to change from blue to a dark shade of red. There were winged creatures flying around us and hell hounds ran along next to the car. I rolled my window down and yell at them. "You guys better go on before you get hit." I pulled up to the castle and turned off the car. My father's head guard, I gave him the name Phil because his real name wasn't good, opened my door and I got out. He was tall and dark red and his eyes were a bright grey. He was frightening to most, but he was a softie to Hayden.

"Hello Kayla, did you bring Hayden with you?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes, actually could you get him? I have a neko in the car who I have to get." I said and he nodded. I opened the door and Alice looked at me then her attention went to Phil when he opened the door. She screamed and he looked hurt. "Alice it's okay, he's nice." She nodded and I looked at her. "Close your eyes like I told you." She did and I picked her up. Phil grabbed Hayden and put him into his shoulders. Hayden held onto Phil's horn as we walked into my father's castle. Phil walked with me and set Hayden down. I turned my back to him then turned around to face him again. I saw he was in his human form. He had red hair and grey eyes.

"So that she isn't scared." He said. I smiled at him and he smiled back. He was a softie and I made sure he knew it. Alice opened her eyes and looked at him shyly. He got this look in his eye and I recognized immediately. It was the look Eric had when we first met. She smiled at him and wanted to get down from my arms. She walked over to him slowly and smiled.

"My name is Alice." She said.

"Nice to meet you Alice, my name I Phil." He replied. I watched all three of them walk off somewhere. I went to my father's study and knocked on the door.

"Come in Kayla." He said. I walked inside and sat down across him. "Whats up?"

"I turned into a demon form." I said and he nodded.

"Yes, that going to happen when you feel strongly about something. What was your trigger?" He asked.

"I was beating Alice's master." I said.

"Alice?" He questioned.

"Oh, I found her and have been taking care of her. She is my adoptive daughter." I explained.

"I see, well I'll give you a potion that keeps your demon side away." He said. I nodded and he smiled. "Now I want to meet my new granddaughter." I stood up and started to walk downstairs. I heard Alice scream and I started to run. One of the hell hounds had busted through the window and had a crazed look in his eyes. Phil had gone back to his demon form, he had Alice and Hayden behind him. He had his fangs out and looked ready to attack the hell hound. The hell hound looked at me and started towards me. I looked at him and my father was calling the guards. They went to charge the creature but I put my hand up throwing them against the wall. The hell hound walked to me and rubbed his body against me. "What is it with you and hell hounds Kayla?" My father asked.

I pet the hell hound and he purred like a cat. I smiled and scratched his head. "Its okay you three." I said to Phil, Hayden, and Alice. The hell hound sat and I smiled at him. "I'm taking him home with me, oh and Phil is going as well."

"Why?" My father asked. I pointed at Phil and the way he was looking down at Alice. "Oh, okay. Phil you're going to the vampire realm with Kayla."

"Yes sir." Phil replied.

"You will also take the hell hound." My father said. Phil nodded and my father laughed. He handed me a potion and smiled. "I'll be up for Christmas."

"I completely forgot about that was in a couple months." I said. "I'll see you then. Come on you three." I went to the car and Phil grabbed Alice while I grabbed Hayden. The hell hound followed us and I got into the car. "Can you follow the car?"

'Yes.' It said in my mind and I nodded. We all got into the car and I pulled off.