Chapter Eighteen

FINALLY UPDATING!!!!!
So everyone I got my iPod back and started typing right away. This chapter will not be very good, due to me trying to rush and get it done before the weekend. Sorry guys, but I had to take a break for a little while. Well that and my stepdad took away my only source for writing. So without further ado, the next update begins now:

----------------------------------
I woke up to the sound of Alice crying. I jumped up and ran to her bedroom to find her sitting up in the bed crying. Her knees were pulled up to her chest and she hid her face. I walked over to her and wrapped my arm around her small form.

"Did you have a nightmare sweetie?" I asked. She nodded then moved so that she sat in my lap. I laid there with her until she fell asleep and put her under the covers. I walked out of the room and back to mine. Eric laid on the bed his eyes were open, but it was like he wasn't there. "Eric?"

"Kayla." He replied. "I have a bad feeling."

"Like your going to go in one of your anger outbursts?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No, just this bad feeling like something's going to happen keeps flooding my whole body." He stated. I walked over to him and laid down next to him.

"We'll be okay no matter what happens." I told him then kissed his cheek. He looked at me and smiled, but it was forced. There was a frantic knock at our door. I opened it to find Alice standing there with tears in her eyes. I picked her up and took her over to my bed. I sat down and smoothed her hair as a way to sooth her. She cried into my shoulder. Eric sat up and started rubbing her back. She finally calmed down and I laid her next to me on the bed.

"She's having nightmares?" He asked. I nodded and played with Alice's hair. "Of what?"

"Her old master finding her and forcing her back to his home." I explained. "Eric, I want you to know if he comes anywhere near Alice ever again, I will kill him."

"I won't stop you." He said. He was already very protective over Alice like I was. I looked down at her and sat up until the sun came up. Today was the day I would take Alice shopping. I got up and put on a whit top that was long sleeved and the sleeves were lace and a pair of black jeans. I walked out of the room and down to the laundry room where I found Alice's clothes folded up on the dryer. I picked it up then walked back upstairs to find Alice awake. I took her into the other room and got her dressed. I walked back out to find Eric laying back down to try and get extra sleep. I walked downstairs and found almost everyone awake. It was very awkward between Trent and Lilli, but everyone else was happy. Alice hid behind me, she still wasn't used to seeing all these people.

"Where's Trevor?" I asked.

"Outside." Willow replied. I grabbed Alice's hand and took her outside. We found Trevor, but something seemed wrong.

"Trevor, is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, just tired thats all." He lied. I nodded then he looked down at Alice. "What are you two doing?"

"Well, I was planning on going to the store with Alice and get her more clothes." I stated.

"Okay." He stated. "I can't go with you. I'm busy at the moment."

"Well, I'll be leaving you alone then." I said and walked alway annoyed. I took Alice to the car and put her in the car seat. I drove and was trying to keep my attention on the road. I played the radio and Alice sang along to one of the songs. I went to the mall and parked the car. I walked inside with Alice's hand in mine and she looked in awe at the place. I smiled and we walked to a young kids store. I started to gather outfits and asked her what she thought. Most of them she liked, but a few of them she didn't like. She tried them on and I bought everything. I held her hand as we walked to the food court to get lunch. We got a cheese pizza to split and I got her a chocolate milk. She sat and ate quietly.

"What's wrong Alice?" I asked. She looked up at me and shrugged. "Did you not like your clothes?"

"No, I love them especially the one with the unicorn on it." She told me.

"Then, whats the matter?" She just looked around before sighing. "You can tell me anything sweetie." I said.

"I know." She replied. "It's just that I have this fear of my master finding me.'

"He won't and even if he does I won't let him take you." I promised her. She nodded then finished her pizza. We walked out with about twenty bags of stuff for Alice. What could say, I loved to shop. I went to the car put the bags in the back and Alice in the front. I got in the car and noticed someone standing in front of the car. It was Alice's master and he looked frightening. I locked the doors and hoped for him to leave. He walked over to my window and tapped on it. I rolled it down just a centimeter.

"Give me back my little girl." He said.

"You can't have her." I stated. "She's mine now and as future queen I order you to leave us alone."

"Not a chance dearie, you shouldn't have come a lone today." He told me. I rolled up the windows and tried to drive away, but he had slashed my tires. I started to freak out and pulled out my phone, there was no service. Alice was crying and clutching to my arm as the man walked around to her window. I pulled her out of the carseat and pulled her close. He smiled a sickly smile and grabbed a stick. I knew he was going to try and break the window. My phone finally flashed and I had service again. I immediately called Eric and he answered in one ring.

"Kayla." Eric said.

"There's someone trying to break into the car with Alice and I still in it." I stated. The man stopped and looked at me with furious eyes. "Its Alice's master and he's going to hurt us if you don't get here soon."

"I'm on my way." He said. "Try to keep him out of the window for ten minutes."

"It takes thirty minutes to get here." I told him.

"Trust me I'll be there in ten." He answered before hanging up. I looked in the back and saw a hanger.

"Better than nothing." I said and grabbed it. He hit the window and it cracked a little bit. "Please hurry Eric." I whispered to myself."

--------------------------------------
So I have decided the winner of the contest is, Drumroll.............

@-acceptable-

Everyone did a wonderful job and it was hard for me to choose.

The winner had to message me so you can be put in my story.