Chapter 17

Jane's POV

I ran from the dorm room leaving Anna there. Please understand my message Anna. See the camera! I ran down the stairs and out into the courtyard. I walked to the fountain and stood there. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone, pressed record and returned it to my pocket. Suddenly a tall figure appeared in front of me. 

"Yellow Heel?" I asked.

They laughed. "Please." I heard them say, "Like Yellow Heel would actually do the dirty work." 

"Who are you? And what is going on? This is a high school gossip column for petes sake! Why is this getting so crazy?" I started yelling.

"Be quiet." They took a step towards me, "It is so much more than a school gossip column. I am here to tell you to stop investigating because you won't find out. We are always a step ahead." 

"Who are you?" I asked again.

They removed their hood. It was Elsa. 

"Elsa? What the hell?" I stepped back but then someone grabbed me from behind and everything went dark and I heard an alarm going off. 

Anna's POV

I walked back to my dorm in a confused daze. Everyone around me was rushing to hide in their rooms. But all I could think about was what Jack was going to say to me. And Kristoff. 

I needed to get some sleep but my brain felt like it was exploding. I opened my dorm room door and saw Rapunzel's things were replaced with Esmerelda's. Then I say Jane asleep on her bed. 

"Jane!" I ran to her and starting shaking her. "Jane! Jane! Wake up! Are you ok? Jane? Wake up!"

She jumped up. "What? What's happening?" She looked at me, "Anna! Oh my god." She hugged me and then stood up quickly. "Did you look out the window? Did you see?" 

"Yeah. I saw Elsa." I shook my head ignoring talking about Elsa, "Are you ok? What happened after they grabbed you?" 

"I..." Jane thought, "I woke up here." 

"What? They didn't do anything? E-Elsa just showed you her face and let you go?" I was getting really confused. 

"Wait!" Jane reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone, "I pressed record on my phone! Maybe it picked up what happened!"

"Jane! That was genius!" We sat down on her bed and played the recording.

We heard the recording of Elsa and Jane talking. Then we heard a loud thump. 

"That must be you falling and blacking out." I said.

"Shhhhh." Jane closed her eyes to listen.

there was alot of movement and then suddenly it got very clear.

"Hello Jane." We heard Elsa say.

We looked at each other with wide eyes. 

"Listen carefully. We. Are. Always. One. Step. Ahead. We have people everywhere. You can't trust anyone but yourself. This "gossip column" is so much more than that. And before you take this recording to anyone, just know we have a whole file on you that we can use anytime. And Anna? I need to ask you two things. One, Please stay out of this. Quit the newspaper. Just stay out of this Yellow Heel stuff. Two, tell Hans I'm sorry and he knows what to do." she took a deep breathe and whispered, "They are always listening. Always."