She charges forward and I say a silent prayer through my ragged breathing, although it's more like a desperate plea, to God. Within a moment she has me pinned by my neck to the wall and most likely given me a concussion with the hole I just made. I groan aloud as she squeezes tighter. I push against her and slap her with what strength I have left, but it's slowly diminishing.

God... please...

The woman smirks, releasing me enough to where I can stand on my feet. I gasp for air and dart the other way, only to be greeted by her stronger-than-it-looks vampirish arm. The wind is knocked from my lungs and, before I can fall on my back, the woman has caught me and opens her mouth to bite. I feel the pressure, but I don't feel the sink.

The woman cries aloud in shock and pain as she drops me to the ground. The world spins around me and I suck in air like a malfunctioning vacuum. Teeth shards land beside me and she moans excessively in a sad kind of way like the other guy, whatever she had said his name was (I'm terrible with names), only it's more of a higher pitch and in shock than in terrible and utter sadness and defeat. I roll over onto my side, feeling like a fish out of water as my 'athletic induced' asthma kicks in. I close my eyes, feeling sleep weighing on my eyelids and a migraine making itself known, starting in the back regions of my skull. I groan and stand up, using the wall to staeady me. The woman, now on her knees, clutches her broken teeth uttering a simple no, over and over again until she, too, fades to ashes and crumbles to the white floor.

"You did it again."

The voice is from the doorway, I realize as I snap my eyes upward. The dark-haired woman stands there with her arms crossed, as if I'd passed a challenge she hadn't foreseen.

"How old are you?"

"Nineteen," I croak. "How old are you?"

She smirks, her eyes seeming to darken. "Hasn't your mother told you never to ask a woman's age?"

"Well," I stammer. "You just did."

"Touche," is all she says. Then we stand again for a long time in silence.

"What am I doing here?"

"You've become one of our Guiney pigs. Follow me."

"Wait-what? Guiney pig for what? Where am I?"

She chuckles curtly and turns to walk down the hallway. "Become so talkative suddenly, haven't we, Kyla? The answers will greet you in the Blood Room, where you are now being taken, should you follow me. If not, you'll starve to death and then we can feed on your dead, soulless body."

The words sting like the shallow cut of a sharpened knife and I wince as she begins to strut down the hall. Maybe this is my chance to escape! But what if she knows I'll try that, what if she knows I'll bolt as soon as she turns her back?

I step out into the hall, the white walls matching the room I'd been in for three days with nothing but my mind and the ashes of a dead vampire to keep me company. I clutch the pocket watch around my neck.

"And if you should run, as you've probably all ready pondered about doing, you shall be greeted by my pets: the wolves."

Werewolves, perhaps? I wonder. I'd be so psyched if my life wasn't endangered... or if their souls could be redeemed. Perhaps they still can; but how would one reverse vampirism?

The thought devours my mind as we walk down the hall, passing several doors like mine. Sounds of terror slip through the narrow cracks and I can't help but shudder. How many others are there inside of here?

There's a bloody scream from my left side, making the door rumble. My blood runs cold and my heart pounds against my aching ribs as I turn to stare at it, frozen in place. I want so bad to help whoever it is, but my gut keeps telling me not to. Perhaps I should lose my hand once it touches the knob; the vampires might not be able to bite me, but they can sure as heck touch me and hurt me. My frigid neck tells me that much.

I touch it, feeling the bruising as I swallow.

"Come on, you'll have time to ponder over your silly questions once we reach the Blood Room."

"What is that?" My voice is hoarse.

"A place where even the thought of time feels so very real."