"You too, kid."

I set my phone in the ash tray, All Time Low making it's way out loudly as I drove towards Derek's for the second time today.

~~

I honked the jeep's horn outside of the building Derek resided in, Stiles jogging out soon after.

"Okay, I'll take it from here." Stiles opened my door, his backpack slung over his shoulder.

I casually leaned back, a smirk playing on my lips, "Y'know, I actually enjoy sitting here." I tugged on my seatbelt, "Can't argue with the seatbelt."

Stiles' face stayed stiff, his hand unbuckling my seatbelt before shoving me over. "Steal my car, my ass i'll argue with the belt."

"Sourwolf bite your ass or something?" I shot, clipping down the passenger's seatbelt.

"No, I just," He shook his head of brown hair, clearly flustered. "Can you tell me when you're skipping next time?"

"Sure." I chipped at my navy nail polish, "Sorry.." And here comes the guilt.

"Don't worry about it." Stiles's voice then fell absent, an odd silence washing over the interior of the jeep.

I wanted to explain it to him, all of it, I really did. It might be easier if he knew, but it might be safer if he didn't. I couldn't bring myself to envolve him, I really can't risk losing him.

Stiles glanced over at me twice, his eyes curious but soft. "What are you thinking about?"

I shrugged, "Nothing."

"Oh come on, Ads. I'm your twin brother, we've got the telepathy thing going on. I can sense you're not 100%. What's wrong?" Stiles perservered in his brotherly ways, knocking the volume of 'The Irony of Choking on a Lifesaver' down a few pegs.

'It's just," I stumbled for words, "I think it's getting too quiet in Beacon Hills."

"Too quiet? Ads, quiet is amazing when your best friend is a werewolf, Scott for me and Isaac for you." Stiles apping at the steering wheel as we gained on our neighborhood.

"But Stiles, when your best friend is a werewolf, nothing is never supposed to not happen!" I could at least tip him off, I owe him that much. "It started with Peter, then Scott's issues controlling, then the Argents, Jackson, in comes Gerard, Matt. Erica and Boyd untrackable."

Stiles suddenly came upon realization. "And now silence." He shook his head, "What about Tara?"

Demon attack. "It wasn't a werewolf." Her death signalled war. It was an out on someone close to both Stiles and I. "It's not something that's come through Beacon Hills. If any thing it was just a murder." A murder commited by the demonically posessed.

Stiles chewed on the inside of his thumb, "You're right. Something isn't right." His eyes lit up, "I bet it has to do with that tool Mathis!"

And so it begins.

~

Dunking the last dinner dish into the soapy water, I scrubbed it clean. In Stiles' attempt to help, he broke the dishwasher. I'd shoved them both off into the living room for bonding time so I'd get a change to finish the dishes.

"Addison," Dad peered into the kitchen, a calm and happy expression over his face instead of his usual police-likeness.

"Yeah, Dad?" I glanced nehind me, drying my hands with a dingy blue towel.

Dad stood in the doorway of the kitchen, smiling like he really meant it. "Thank you."

"Sure thing." I replied simply, the corners of my lips twitching upward.