Drink Up

As dark and cold the outside is, I can't beat the rush of being around Dan. I enter a nearby bar, not caring who will see me or what bar I was heading into.

The sound of annoying pop music was some what at a decent volume, most covered up by the sound of people chattering. I place myself around the middle of the bar, sitting down on the rounded seat.

"What would you like?" The bartender asks me, throwing her mini towel over her shoulder.

"Anything strong enough to make me relaxed, please," I let out a sigh, nodding at her.

I place my money on the counter, sliding it to her while she makes my drink. My eyes followed her as she poured one of the drinks from the shelf.

"You look really drained out, let me guess- work?" She wipes off the surface of the counter, then handing me the drink.

"Not only work, but I guess guy problems? I don't even know who I can trust anymore," I take a big chug of the drink, swallowing it, not caring if it burned a little.

"I mean, I should trust the guy I've known the longest... But the recent guy seems to be sincere, although he might be lying due to his past... Have any advice I could use?" I run my fingers through my hair, flipping it to the other side.

"Well I do have a story I could share, try not to freak out yeah?" She lays the towel down, crossing her arms.

"Promise."

"Okay- I used to have this guy friend. He would do the most insane things to the point where his life was at risk. Everyone knew him as the dare devil, the wild one, the psycho. I also had a friend who was considerate, loyal, cared about his studies but his friends meant more. We weren't a type of gang or anything, we were all just friends.

One day Mr dare devil decided to do something a little more overboard... Let's just say someone got hurt. Mr nice guy was involved, but it was only the both of them. At the end of the day, they ran to us and told us what they did- but, they both had different stories.

I had this gut feeling to believe Mr dare devil, I didn't know why but it was just a feeling I had deep down. Everyone believed Mr nice guy, due to the peer pressure and the fact he was a nice guy, I went along with my pack," she lets out a heavy sigh, rubbing her temples.

"Then what happened?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Let's just say dare devil got taken away for something he didn't do, but it's all too late now," she rolls up her sleeves exposing her smooth dark skin.

"If there's anything to take out of this, I say to go with your gut feeling, no matter what," she half smiles.

"Thank you, I needed that; oh and I'm sorry about your friend," I innocently smile, placing the empty cup down after my last sip.

"It's fine, I know he's strong enough to deal with it. Here have some of this," she pours something in a tiny glass cup, but bigger than a shot glass.

"What is it?" I raise my brow at the unfamiliar drink.

"My favorite, fireball!" she says excitedly.

"I'm sorry but I don't know if I have more money-"

"It's on the house, think of it as a gift," the lady nods her head in reassurance.

I nod, a smile placed on my face. I swallow the drink, placing it down on the counter immediately, letting the drink slide down my throat.

"That's amazing!" I giggle, licking my lips.

"Of course it is!" She giggles as well but stops herself; "so green eyes, what's your name? Maybe we can hang out sometime? you seem pretty cool."

"My name's Bella Anderson, you?"

"I'm Aliyah, Aliyah Coleman."

— edited!

holy crap! over 600 reads and over 100 votes??? thank you guys! thank you so so much! i'm so happy i have all this support while doing something i love such as, writing.

i made this chapter not only to add my friend in it (notaregretablename ) (which i didn't use her real last name) but i also made it because aliyah's gonna be a big character later on in the story so keep your eyes out for any updates!

love you all, don't forget to vote, and comment! xxx dumbpickle