57

( SAVING ELENA )

Elena is on a telephone booth and puts quarters in the machine. They answer on the first ring. "Hello boys." She smiles.

"Where the hell are you?" Dean asks. He has the phone on speaker in the car.

She twirls the phone wire on her finger. "Somewhere. I just wanted to tell you that I got some really good advice." Elena says.

"What are you talking about?" Sam asks.

"I met this girl on the street and she told me things." Says Elena. "She said that I had to get rid of everyone in my life who has brought me hell."

"We're coming to pick you up. Where are you?" Dean says.

Elena laughs while she wipes blood off of her hands with cleaning wipes. "You won't find me, Dean. I don't want to be found." She says.

"Are you okay?" Sam asks.

"For the first time, my head is clear." Elena says. "Free of all the drama and pain. For me to actually move on, I need to do something about the complications. Starting with Ruby."

"What do you mean?" Dean asks.

"You know, I was in a bar last night and this idiot was trying to get into my pants." Elena says. "On a normal occasion, I would've shoved him off. But something just...snapped. He won't be bothering anyone anymore."

Sam looks shocked. "You killed him?" He asks.

"Yes. And I will kill everyone that screwed up my life. Starting with Ruby." Elena says and hangs up. Sam and Dean exchange a worried look.

Elena looks down at a map that has a red circle on it. Back in the Impala, Dean throws his phone in frustration.
"Give me your phone." He says to Sam.

"Why?" Sam asks.

"I'm gonna warn Ruby." Dean says as Sam hands him his phone. "Ruby, where are you?"

"Dean, it's always a pleasure talking to you." Ruby says lamely.

"Ruby listen to me." Dean says. "Elena is coming to kill you and if you want us to help you, you have to tell us where the hell you are."

Ruby looks surprised. "I can protect myself. Pretty Princess can't hurt a fly." She laughs.

"Well, she's on a mission. And she's angry." Sam says.

Ruby sighs. "I'm in Texas. Frisco." She says.

"Leave. Now." Dean says. "You're lucky were minutes away."

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I've got business down here that I need to take care of." Ruby says.

"If you don't listen to us, you're dead." Dean says. "Listen, you saved my brother. I'm just returning the favor. If you don't want our help, it doesn't bother me."

"Fine." Ruby says and grabs some things. "I'm leaving." As she grabs the last of her things, she opens the door and is about to close it.

"Hello, Ruby." Elena says as she pushes her back into the motel room and shuts the door behind her. Ruby's phone falls to the ground.

"Ruby?" Dean calls. "Damn it!" He yells as he speeds in the road, passing a Frisco sign.

Sam fidgets in his seat. "Alright, when we get there, you grab Ruby and I'll get Elena." He says.