11

( RUBY & SAM )

      Michelle turns the water off and grabs a dishtowel next to her on the counter. "I think I need stitches." She says. Jack is sweaty but he doesn't move.

      "I got to go." He says.

      "What?"

      "I got to get out of here." Jack hurries out of the kitchen.

      Michelle calls after him, confused. "Where are you going? Jack?" She asks. We hear the front door open and close as Jack runs out.

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☾]

      "One bite's all it takes. Eyes, teeth, skin; all turns. No going back either. They feed once, they're a monster forever. And our man Jack's headed there on a bullet train." Travis says.

      "Well, how'd you find this guy if he's a walking, talking human?" Dean asks.

      "Lets just say it runs in his family."

      "You mean, uh..." Sam starts.

      "Killed his daddy back in '78. Son of a bitch mangled 8 bodies before I put him down." Travis says. "Guy used to be a dentist. Cadillac, trophy wife... Little did I know, pregnant trophy wife. She put the boy up for adoption. By the time I found out, he was long gone, lost in the system."

      "You mean to tell me you couldn't find someone?" Sam says.

      Travis sighs. "I'm not sure I wanted to. The idea of hunting down some poor kid... I don't think I'd have the heart. No. I wanted to wait, make damn sure I had the right man. Apparently, I do." He takes a swig of the beer.

BAR
[ ☾]

      Jack is sitting by the bar and he grabs a handfull of peanuts and shoves them in his mouth, staring in front of him. He's sweaty and doesn't look all that great. We get a flash of bloodstream in a body, Michelle's cut finger, the bloodstream again, her finger and then Jack's eye, mouth and other eye.

      We see the bloodstream and Michelle's finger again, and then Jack shoving another handfull of peanuts in his mouth, chewing frantically. He downs his full glas of whiskey in one gulp. "One more, please." He puts down the glass. The bartender comes over and refills it. "Can I get some more peanuts?"

      Jack grabs the glass to drink again but notices something in the mirror behind the bar. He brings the glass down again and we now get a shot of the mirror, where Jack is staring at himself. He's breathing deeply, like he's been running.

      "Come on. What are you drinking? It's my treat." The Man says.

      Jack looks over to his right where a beautiful woman is sitting by the bar and a not so beautiful man is crowding her, doing a very lousy job at hitting on her. She looks very uncomfortable. "No, thank you." She says.

      "Oh, don't be like that. Have a drink with me."

      "I'm waiting for someone." She says.

      "Okay, well uh, where is he?" The Man asks.

      "Hey, douche bag." Jack says. The Man and the Woman looks over at him. "She doesn't want to talk to you."

      "I'm sorry. I didn't hear you."

      Jack gets of his chair and begins walking towards them. "I said... She doesn't want to talk to you."