3

( CASTIEL )

JOHNNY MAC'S DINER
[ ☼ ]

      Dean is sitting at a table giving his order to a Waitress. "Be up in a jiff." The Waitress says. As she leaves, Sam enters, talking on his cell phone.

      "You bet." Sam sits.

      "What'd Bobby say?" Dean asks.

      "Pam's stable. And out of I.C.U." Sam says.

      "And blind, because of us." Dean says.

      "And we still have no clue who we're dealing with."

       "That's not entirely true." Dean says.

       "No?" Sam asks.

      "We got a name. Castiel, or whatever. With the right mumbo-jumbo we could summon him, bring him right to us."

      "You're crazy. Absolutely not." Sam says.

      "We'll work him over. I mean, after what he did?" Dean asks.

      "Pam took a peek at him and her eyes burned out of her skull, and you want to have a face to face?"

      "You got a better idea?" Dean asks.

      "Yeah, as a matter of fact I do. I followed some demons to town, right?" Sam asks.

      "Okay."

      "So, we go find them. Someone's gotta know something about something." Sam says. The Waitress reappears with two plates of pie. She sets them on the table. "Thanks."

      The Waitress then plops down in a chair at the end of the table. Dean looks at her, smirking. "You angling for a tip?" Dean asks.

      "I'm sorry. Thought you were looking for us." Her eyes go demon-black for a moment; a uniformed Man by the counter and a cook behind the counter also show the demon-black; the uniformed Man goes to the door, locks it, and stands in front of it. "Dean. To hell and back. Aren't you a lucky duck."

      "That's me." Dean says.

      "So you get to just stroll out of the pit, huh? Tell me. What makes you so special?" The Demon asks.

      "I like to think it's because of my perky nipples." Dean says. "I don't know. Wasn't my doing, I don't know who pulled me out."

      "Right. You don't."

       "No. I don't." Says Dean.

      "Lying's a sin, you know." The Demon says.

      "I'm not lying. But I'd like to find out, so if you wouldn't mind enlightening me, Flo..." Dean starts.

      "Mind your tone with me, boy. I'll drag you back to hell myself."

      Sam, who has been staring daggers at her through this exchange, shifts as if to attack. Dean holds a hand up and Sam stops, settles back into his seat. "No, you won't." Dean says.

      "No?" She asks.

      "No. Because if you were you would have done it already. Fact is, you don't know who cut me loose. And you're just as spooked as we are. And you're looking for answers. Well, maybe it was some turbo-charged spirit. Or, uh, Godzilla. Or some big bad boss demon." Dean says. "I'm guessing at your pay grade that they don't tell you squat. Because whoever it was, they want me out. And they're a lot stronger than you. So go ahead. Send me back. But don't come crawling to me when they show up on your front doorstep with some Vaseline and a fire hose."