Follow You

Chapter Fifteen: Follow You

OLI

Only when Kara and I pull up outside the coffee shop twenty minutes later did I suddenly feel nervous. I didn't know why Kara had said yes to being my girlfriend, and the guys liked her a lot and would be supportive. But what if it was all an act, I'd done some pretty shitty stuff to her in the past and I had a sneaking feeling Jordan and Nicholls would call me out on it.

"Come on Oli we can't stay in the car."

I turn in my seat and face a smiling Kara, god she was beautiful and I finally got to call her mine after all these years. The doctor had given us a scare earlier, but I was glad she'd chosen weekly therapy sessions over rehab. If Kara could be strong then so could I.

"Sorry love let's get inside."

After the appointment, Kara had a skip in her step as she all but skips into the coffee shop leaving me to marvel at the girl in front of me. I didn't intend to ever hurt her again, I was going to be the best thing to ever happen to her.

KARA

Oli was taking his time so I go ahead of him and skip into the coffee shop, yes I skipped because why the hell not. Max and who I only assumed was Paul was already there and wave me over to a large table they'd managed to put together.

"There's my little warrior. Good to see you smiling Andrews."

Max stands up and engulfs me in a bone-crushing hug, his beard tickling my face.

"Get off me bushy beard before you crush me. I've missed you so much."

He pulls back and motions towards Paul, I didn't want to admit it but damn he was easy on the eyes and I had a feeling Oli wasn't going to like him. Paul had short black hair that was slicked back and more stubble than a full on beard, he had tattoos running down the length of both arms which I admired because of the artistry that probably went into each one of them.

"Kara, this is Paul, my cousin. You don't have to worry about another Ariel situation. He's a great kid and has a good head on him and is willing to learn."

"Hi Kara, I'm a big fan of your work."

I smile warmly at him and shake his outstretched hand.

"Nice to meet you, Paul, I hope Max has told you nothing but good things about me. I'd love to see some of your drawings later, just so I can get a feel for what kind of tattoo artist you want to be."

Behind us, someone clears their throat, and that someone was Oli who glances down at Paul's and mines entwined hands and quirks an eyebrow. Paul quickly lets go of my hand and stares up at Oli with a mixture of awe and fear in his eyes. I shake my head and patted Oli's arm.

"Oli this is Paul, he's Max's cousin and is coming on as an apprentice at the shop."

Oli reluctantly shakes Paul's hand, I'd have to have a word with him later about blatant showcases of jealousy.

"Stop being awkward Sykes and move aside so I can see my favourite girl."

Oli was pushed aside by Nicholls who throws himself at me along with the rest of the band, I attempt to hug them each but my arms were squished by my side unable to move an inch.

"It's not like I need air or anything guys. So get off me please."

They get off me and Oli pulls me into a side hug, I motion to Max and Paul who wave awkwardly.

"This is Max, Jordan already knows him and this is Paul his cousin and our new apprentice."

Everyone exchanges a hello before sitting down around the table. Oli gets my order because I was too lazy to stand up. It wasn't until everyone had their drinks, and in my case also a brownie that Jordan asked the question everyone wanted to know.