Empire (Let Them Sing)

Chapter Twenty-Three: Empire (Let Them Sing)

OLI

Jordan and I spent a good few hours looking at wedding rings, what can I say I'm a fussy customer who only wanted the best for Kara. I found it in some antique shop Jordan dragged me into because he said Kara wouldn't want a mainstream ring, but something different. I just hoped she loved it.

I now needed to plan how I was going to pop the big question

I now needed to plan how I was going to pop the big question. Then out of the blue, it came to me as I drove home. I waited until I was in the driveway before messaging the guys and Emma my idea. The guys called me a soppy romantic while Emma told me it was perfect for Kara who'd love something quirky.

1 WEEK LATER

Today was the day, everything was in place. I'd somehow convinced Kara to avoid social media and her phone which was hard but she agreed. I'd called ahead to her shop and told Max my proposal idea, he promised to make sure Kara had her lunch hour off.

The guys had been little angels, with a bit of persuasion of course. They'd gone ahead to the local park and set up a romantic picnic so I could surprise Kara. I could be a pretty cheesy romantic guy despite my hard image; I just didn't show it that often. Hopefully, Kara said yes, I'd look like an idiot if she said no.

I drove to Kara's work and waited for her to emerge, which she did a couple minutes later. Behind her in the shop window stood Max who gave me the thumbs up, he was a cool guy and a big supporter of Kara and me.

"What do I owe all this secrecy to Oli? How very romantic and mysterious."

Kara slides into the car and leans over the gear panel to kiss me, I smirk against her lips as I kiss her back before pulling away.

"It's about to be revealed, love. Plus I'm a pretty romantic guy, haven't you read the multiple fanfictions about me?"

"Your nose is growing Pinocchio. In most fanfictions, you're painted as a douche if I recall, though on Tumblr people just want to fuck you or be fucked by you."

I scoff and start up the car while Kara relaxes in her seat giggling under her breath; she was cute when she did that.

"Where are we going Oli?"

I shake my head and make a zip motion across my lips while keeping my eyes on the road. Kara huffs, I knew she hated surprises but I hoped she appreciated this one. The park was only a twenty-minute car ride from the shop, so when we pull into the park I was thankful to not see any of the guys' cars which would have been hard to explain. I doubted Kara would believe that all of Bring Me The Horizon just felt like a casual stroll in their local park at the same time.

"Why are we at the park Oliver?"

KARA

"You'll see soon love, patience is a virtue."

Oli was being very secretive; it wanted to make me find out just that little bit more because I wasn't a big fan of surprises. I hadn't been allowed on social media or my phone which Oli had taken off me last night. I also have a sneaky feeling that Max knew what was going on because every morning when I walked into the shop he would be sitting at the counter reading the local paper except today he didn't have a copy.