Drown

Chapter Two: Drown

JORDAN

I was late for band practice. Oli was going to kill me. I turn up at his and Hannah's house and let myself in, the guys were already there and Hannah was all over Oli like usual. He needed someone who was good for him, someone like Kara but I'd made her a promise.

"For a second Fish, we thought you'd be a no-show."

Nicholls walks out of the kitchen and hands me a beer. I take off my jacket and sit down on the sofa forgetting about the bandage around my new tattoo.

"Mate when did you get a new tattoo?"

Lee raises his bottle at me and I shrug my shoulders.

"Like an hour ago Lee."

"Where'd you get it done?"

What was with the third degree? It was just a tattoo, I wished I'd just kept my jacket on now.

"Purple Ink."

"No way that place is the hardest shop to get a booking. I've tried but keep getting told they're too full. It's meant to be one of the best up North mate."

I chug the beer, I think I had a sneaking suspicion why Nicholls couldn't get a booking. Kara didn't want to see any of the band and she chose who got an appointment. I couldn't tell them her name because they'd put two and two together.

"I guess I got lucky Nicholls. Anyway, aren't we here for band practice? Oli why so quiet mate?"

"Drop Dead is launching a new range and the model quit today and the shoot has to go ahead in three days."

That sucked for him, the clothing line meant a great deal to him. I remember Kara telling me that she use to model. If she didn't want the guys knowing she ran a tattoo shop, she sure as hell wouldn't want to model for Oli and most likely with him.

"Purple Ink, I just googled the owner and the name sounds familiar. Kara Andrews, apparently she grew up in Sheffield and went to our high school."

I nearly choke on my beer; Kara was going to blame me for Kean looking up the shop on his phone.

"You mean the geeky scene freak?"

Wow, Hannah really didn't like Kara. I'd seen Kara's high school pictures and she didn't look that bad, everyone goes through some sort of phrase and hers happened to be scene.

"Is there a photo?"

Oli ignores Hannah and gets up to sit next to Kean who shakes his head.

"All her social media is private."

"I bet she's still the same loser she was eleven years ago, especially if she never left this place."

I want to slap Hannah but firstly I needed to make a phone call.

"I need to make a call guys."

OLI

Jordan was acting suspiciously. I get up and follow him outside, why did he suddenly need to make a call? It couldn't be the same Kara Andrews from high school, eleven years had passed and I still remembered her. Yes, we use to be best friends but then I met Hannah. Did I regret all those years of bullying her? Of course, I did. I always wondered what I'd say to her if I ever saw her again. Probably sorry, but sorry wasn't good enough for all the pain me and the guys put her through.

"It wasn't me Kara, I mentioned Purple Ink and Kean googled the shop. Yeah, we can meet for that coffee. Would it be so bad? You guys were all best friends once upon a time. Okay, see you soon."