Chapter 22

Elijah's POV

I feel sorry for Demetri and Kandy. They're going through a lot. Brystal is such a bitch for telling everyone. After everything, I think Kandy, Demetri, and I could all be good friends.

But I can't worry about them right now. I need to get Autumn back. Seeing Greyson ask her out, made me sick. Then, after he asked her out, he was flirting with Reagan. I don't like him. He is just going back and forth between them. That's what I was doing and I hate myself for doing that.

I am going to talk to Autumn today. She probably doesn't want me back. She probably doesn't want to talk to me. But I have to try. I love her too much to not try.

Before school starts, I try to find Autumn. She's not at her locker. I keep walking and I eventually find her talking to Greyson at his locker.

"Whatcha doin?" Riley asks me from behind, scaring me.

"Jesus Christ. I told you to leave me alone at school."

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to try to get Autumn back today."

"I don't think she'll take you back."

"Wow. Thanks for the support. Now go away. Im trying to listen to their conversation."

"Before I leave, I just want you to know that I wrote a story online about your pathetic life and it's doing pretty good."

"Wow. Go away." Riley eventually leaves me alone.

"I'm sorry but I can't go out with you," Autumn says. Wait what? Yay!

"Why not?" Greyson asks.

"I am still trying to get over someone and I didn't think that it was fair to you if I went out with you when someone else is on my mind," she says. Someone else?

"Okay. Thanks for your honesty. Maybe some other time. See you later."

"Bye Greyson." Greyson walks away. Here's my chance. I don't hesitate. I walk straight over to Autumn.

"Hi," I say.

"Hey Elijah."

"I need to talk to you about something." Oh God, I am so nervous right now. What if she rejects me? I am so scared. I doubt she'll take me back. I can't back out now though. I have to try. I have to tell her my feelings.

"What do you need to talk to me about?" I can't do this. I can't do this. I can do this. I can do this.

"I uh....um...I..." I'm trying to say it but I just can't. I haven't even planned out what Im going to say. Autumn is just staring at me, waiting for me to speak.

"Elijah?"

"Um..."

"Are you alright?" She asks.

"I just don't know what to say..." God dammit. Just say it! What's wrong with me? Say it!

Autumn's POV

Elijah hasn't told me what he needed to tell me yet. He just keeps saying "um" or "uh" over and over. I really want to know what he is going to say but it's getting annoying.

"Elijah?" I ask him.

"I just can't..." I give up with him.

"Well come talk to me when you know what you're going to say." I turn around and start walking. I can hear Elijah mumbling something behind me. Then I feel his hand on my shoulder.

"Autumn, please." I turn back around.

"What do you need to say?"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for everything. For kissing you then ignoring you. For telling you that I loved you then taking it back. For everything. If you hate me, I completely understand. I just want you to know that I really do love you. I love you. No more doubts, no more Reagan, I love you. I don't deserve a second chance. I have screwed up so badly and I'm sorry. I have put you through so much and Im sorry. I love you and I'm so stupid for not realizing that earlier." Wow. I am left speechless. He loves me now?