Chapter 19

Elijah's POV

I feel like a douch bag. I told autumn that I love her. I dont. I told myself that I was over Reagan. I'm not. Autumn told me that she loves me. She probably does. I have no idea what to do. Do I let Autumn keep thinking that I love her? Maybe if I stay in a relationship with her, my feelings will change. I don't want to break Autumn's heart. I can't keep going back and forth between them. Reagan is with Demetri. I shouldn't worry about her.

Today, Autumn is moving out of my house and into her mom's house. It'll be weird. Riley won't have anything to tease me with. Her life will be boring. My life will be boring. I hate it when Riley teases me but it is funny.

"I can't believe you're leaving. Life will be so boring without you. How am I supposed to tease Elijah?" Riley says to Autumn.

"I'm sure you'll find something. You can always tease him at school," Autumn says.

"You've always been like a daughter to me. You can come back anytime. Make sure to come and visit," mom says.

"Thank you, Helen. I'll definitely come and visit."

"Autumn, I think your mom is waiting. We should probably get going," I tell her.

"Okay. Bye guys."

"Bye Autumn." We walk out the door and we get in my car. I feel like I should tell her that I don't love her. I just feel like I'm lying to her. I need advice but I don't know who to talk to.

After I dropped off Autumn, I went home. Riley might be able to help me. She doesn't take most things seriously but I think she'll take this seriously.

"Riley, I need to talk to you about something," I ask Riley once I find her in her room.

"Are you coming out of the closet?" She asks.

"Riley, no. This is important."

"What is it?"

"I told Autumn that I loved her right after Reagan rejected me but I don't love Autumn and I'm not over Reagan."

"You're a douch bag."

"Riley, I didn't come here for you to insult..."

"You really need to get your shit together. That's not fair to Autumn. She is the sweetest girl on earth who would never hurt a fly. She has been through way too much. She doesn't need to go through this too. If you don't tell her that you don't love her, I will lose all respect for you. You made a big mistake, Elijah. Now please exit my bedroom and go fix your life." Geez. Riley's getting her preach on. But she's right. I need to tell Autumn.

Autumn's POV

I am sad about leaving Elijah's house but I think living with my mom will be nice. I'm looking forward to hanging out with Summer. She's such a beautiful baby.

Right after I get settled in my new room, the doorbell rings. I open the door and I see Elijah.

"Hey. What's up?" I ask him. He doesn't look very happy.

"I need to talk to you about something." I walk out and stand on the porch with him.

"What do you need to talk to me about?" I ask. He won't look at me in the eye. "Elijah?"

"I'm not over Reagan." Wow. I feel like my heart has just been ripped in half. We both stay silent for a few minutes. Tears start forming in my eyes.

"So you don't love me?" I ask. He still won't look at me in the eye. His silence says it all. He doesn't love me.

"I'm sorry Autumn."