The Island

When we pulled up to the island, I was disappointed to find that besides the large beach house, the rest of the island consisted of nothing but trees. I couldn't see the back of the island but I'm sure that it's more of the woods. Kyle wouldn't pick an island with other people on it to find out about his secrets. The trip was about an hour and a half from the main land so people probably didn't come out here. The boat pulled up next to a dock and Kyle jumped out and tied the boat to the dock. Marcus and Brooke got off the boat, leaving Kyle and I. He offered his hand out to me and I accepted it as I got out of the boat.

                  "How did you find this place?" I asked him.

                  He glanced at me in surprise but then said, "I have some connections."

                  We all walked across the sandy white beach to the house. The sun was beating down on us, making a drip of sweat run down my face. The door was already unlocked to the house, giving me a little bit of hope that someone may live here. There was a slim chance that would happen but the world was full of surprises. As soon as we walked inside, the house seemed to get ten times bigger. From the outside,  it didn't look as big as what the inside really was. The living room was to my left which was opened up to the kitchen on my right.

                  The open floor plan really completed the house and made it more comfortable. There were high, white ceilings so erase the feeling of being trapped. The front of the house mostly consisted of windows rather than walls. Natural lighting filled the house, requiring no use of the lights in the house. Dead plants were scattered around the house, probably dead from lack of water. Despite being unused until now, the house was actually clean and well unkept.

                "Girls, fill free to go wherever, I mean it's not like you have anywhere to escape to. I have to make a phone call, I'll be back." Kyle announced.

                Kyle left the room with Marcus following behind him. Instead of roaming through the house, I decided to go out to the beach. I had been locked up in a cellar so it felt nice to be out in the open. I slipped off my shoes and walked out onto the beach. The sand was hot at first but my feet got used to the temperature. The sand tickled the bottoms of my feet but the sand felt good in between my toes. I tried to pretend I was getting a pedicure done instead of being held here against my will.

                  I sat down at the edge of the water, the sand cushioning me. I placed my feet in the path of the water, the wet sand sticking to my feet. When the first wave of water crashed into my feet, I was startled at how warm the water felt. My feet left imprints in the wet sand as the water retreated back. I longed to see my friends again, wishing they could be here with me. 

                I had seen Maddie when Marcus had first arrived which told me she was at least alive. Though, Kyle abandoned all those girls down there in the cellar so who knows if the police found them or if they were slowly dying. I hadn't seen Ethan since the kidnapping. I prayed Kyle didn't kill him and I was too scared to ask Kyle. I just missed my friends so much. They were all I had now since my parents were dead.

              I closed my eyes and bowed my head as I prayed to God that someone would save me. Despite what Kyle has done, I don't wish death upon him the more time that I've had to think. I just want him to be punished for what he has done. I prayed that the Kyle I once knew was still inside him deep down and that he could be saved. I clenched a handful of sand until the pain from my nails was unbearable. The front door opened and I didn't have to turn around to know it was Kyle. I tried my best to relax my body, not giving him any signs that I was upset and angry.