Living Nightmare

I woke up to the same nightmare that I fell asleep too. The constant state of fear and anxiety were eating me alive. I was always a person who wanted to know what was happening and what the plans were. This was a situation I had no control of and where I knew absolutely nothing. What hurt the most was that my nightmare didn't just end when I woke up, it was never-ending. I was already afraid, awake and asleep.

              After sleeping, I did feel much better physically. My head wasn't spinning and I could sit and stand up finally. My headache was only faint which was good and I was able to tolerate it. I got to my feet and walked around my small room, getting used to walking and feeling myself again. I loved being able to walk and stand, it made me feel less weak in a situation where I was considered weak. I looked in the closet to see it was full of beautiful dresses, which baffled me. Why would he put all these dresses in there? I wasn't going to wear them. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

               There was a strapless silver sparkling dress that went to the ground. There was a royal pink dress that was shorter. It was a flower at the waist and ribbon on the waist too. There was a short dress that was turquoise and had sparkles on the top part of the dress. There was a dress that was also short and was silver on the top and had sparkles and the bottom was just plain black. There was a plain red dress that was short. There was a white beautiful dress that looked like a wedding dress. It was a long elegant dress that had lace and ruffles and sparkles on the top and must have cost a fortune. I was surprised on how he had gotten all of these and his purpose for them.

              In the closet, there were also a few skirts, pants and shirts that were all beautiful as well. I hadn't even heard him come in but I had heard his voice say, "They're beautiful aren't they."

              He was as quiet as a mouse, I hadn't even heard the door open or shut behind him. I had jumped when his voice echoed in the air. I whirled around to see him with no shirt again and blue jeans. I felt extremely uncomfortable when he wasn't wearing a shirt. I shut the closet door, completely facing him now. I debated whether to fight him and try to escape.

            "Yes, they are nice but I'm not wearing any of it." I said staring at him, crossing my arms across my chest.

             "Why's that?" He asked. I hated how we were just having a normal conversation.

             "I don't want to wear them." I said as he came closer to me.

                He was only a few feet away from me now. Just enough room so that I could kick him and knock him down. The door was unlocked right now and if I could take him down, I could escape. It was like he was reading my mind because he said, "Kelly, don't even think about it. I told you that you aren't going to fight me."

              "I wasn't thinking that." I lied.

                He walked closer to me and I backed up until I hit the concrete wall. He was so close I could feel him breathing on my neck and in my face. It took every ounce in my body not to punch him in the throat. I knew he was expecting me to fight him and was watching my movements very carefully. He was the only thing standing between me and freedom. The door was so close and it was even unlocked for me. I hated him so much.

             "I don't like liars Kelly." He said calmly.

                I looked away from him not wanting to look at him in the eyes. My hair covered my face which helped. I felt him run his fingers through my hair and then tuck my hair behind my ear, sending chills up my spine. I needed him to get away from me. I pushed him away from me and went to punch him in the face. As I swung, he had managed to catch my fist and throw me to the ground. He was a good fighter, but kidnapping girls probably gave him practice. He had to be good at fighting in order to kidnap people.

              He had me straddled and had pinned my arms down to the ground. I struggled and tried to fight him but I was only getting myself tired. I was angry at myself for being stupid and losing my self-control. I just wanted one good punch in the face and I'd be content. When I stopped fighting him, he smiled at me. I turned my head to the side to avoid eye contact.

           "Look at me." He demanded, his voice calm but authoritative.

              I didn't want to listen but I did, fearing I'd get in trouble. I stared up into his big, brown eyes. My eyes were filled with tears, but I refused to cry. He could see how scared I was but he wouldn't get me to cry. It wouldn't let that happen.

              "Good. I know you have taken self defense by a man named Kyle. Unlike him, if you keep this up, I won't let you get up at the end of a fight. You want to play dirty, we can if you want. I'm telling you now you won't like it and you won't win. You can fight me all you want but you won't win. Self defense won't help against someone who knows that you've taken self defense classes. I know what to expect with you. The sooner you learn not to fight me, the sooner things will get better." He said still on top of me.

            "How did you know about my training?" I asked.

            "I have done my research on all of the girls I've taken. Well, except Ethan and Maddie." He said.

              "Are they okay?" I asked. I needed to know how they were.

             "They are just wonderful. I suggest worrying about you instead of them. Next time I will have to hurt you for fighting me. Now, are you going to behave?" He asked, sternly.

               I nodded slowly, which made me wanted to cry even more, but I held the tears back. I couldn't escape, I couldn't fight him. What was I going to do? He wasn't going to let me out of this room. And fighting him would result in me getting hurt. How could I get the upper hand in this situation? What the hell was I supposed to do?

            "That's my girl." He said getting off of me, allowing instant relief.

              He put his hand down to help me up, which I quickly ignored. I kept my eyes down at the ground as I got to my feet. He didn't look offended by my rejection. He was probably used to being ignored and rejected by the girls he abducted. I knew I wasn't the first girl here. I bet the rest of them hated him with all their guts like me.

              "Just remember who is in charge here." He warned, leaning over and kissing my forehead before I could react.

               I wanted to punch him in the face and he seemed to know I wanted to because he smiled at me and let out a soft chuckle. He went to the door and said bye and left, locking the door behind him. I wiped my forehead in disgust. I sat back down on my bed. At least I knew Maddie and Ethan were okay, that's if he was telling me the truth. That's all I needed to know from him.

                I got extremely bored in my cell. I couldn't tell if it was day or night. There were no windows and I couldn't tell the time either. I would sit for what felt like hours but was probably only a couple minutes. At this rate, I was probably going to go crazy. The only thing I could do that I enjoyed to pass the time was stretch my muscles and trying to do different exercises to get myself stronger, like push-ups and sit-ups. I had to do something and working out seemed reasonable enough. I couldn't just sit on the bed and stare at the walls all day and every day.

               I dreaded the moment when he would come back. I didn't want to talk to him and I couldn't fight because he was just too good. What was I going to do? Was my dad looking for me? Of course, he was looking for me, he would never give up. Would he die trying to find me though or would I die while he tried finding me? Was the man planning on keeping me forever? So many questions and so much time to pass by.

***

This chapter is now edited, thanks for reading and let me know if you see any mistakes.