Let's do this

[Hoseok's POV]

Jimin leads me back to the apartment. I'm still shaking but the warmth of Jimin's hand in mine is soothing.

Jimin told me there's nothing to panic about. Does that mean that Namjoon's reaction wasn't as bad as all of us expected? Is he actually going to give me a chance?
I want to believe that that is the case, I want to stop shaking, stop crying. But your mind is stronger than your body. No matter how hard I try to get myself to stop, soft sobs and shivers are bound to be heard and felt.

Besides Namjoon's reaction there's something else that freaks me out. I've always had serious anxiety when it comes to doing something in front of a group for a certain result. School presentations, for example. They're the only way you could get me to cry without even doing anything. Just the feeling of standing there, all eyes on you, knowing that whatever you do will be evaluated and scored, has always made me want to jump in front of a moving car. If only that would help to not have to give the presentation.
This audition is similar to that feeling. I'm okay with dancing and performing in front of a crowd, but the thought of something depending on it makes me want to die.

We get back to the apartment and I'm still desperately holding on to Jimin's hand, not wanting to ever let go. He rubs soft circles on the back of my hand with his thumb, which sorta helps to calm me down.
When we get back upstairs Namjoon and Jin and even Yoongi are looking at me with a worried expression on their faces.

Namjoon is the first to step up to me and say: "You don't have to be afraid of me. I'm actually a really nice guy." A reassuring smile forms on his face which settles my nerves a bit more. He's not as angry and scary as he looks.
"So Hoseok..., Jiminie tells me you're a really talented dancer and rapper... I'd like to see it. And I think we all would." Namjoon continues and immediately the nerves start boiling up again. I can feel my breathing getting more shallow but as Jimin softly caresses my back I know I'll be fine no matter what happens. Having him around just makes me feel so safe.

"Can you give us a minute?" Jimin's soft voice sounds as the others nod in agreement. He gently tugs my hand, signalling me to follow him. And I would. I would follow him anywhere and everywhere he'd want me to go...
He takes me to the kitchen and pulls me to a halt. "Are you ready to audition today? After all that happened I don't want to cause you any more stress than necessary..."
His eyes are looking for some sort of connection with mine and after a split second of looking into his eyes I connect our lips instead. But only for a little while, never allowing my eyes to wander away from his.
"I am. I want to. As long as you're here I'm sure I'll be fine. Just, don't ever leave..."
"Hey hey, where did that come from? I'm not going anywhere." He says while cupping my cheek to direct my eyes to his again.
"I won't ever leave. I promise." He says as he kisses my lips again, a bit longer and more tender this time.

He takes my hand again, leading me back into the living room where the others are patiently waiting for us.
I step out to the front and say: "I would love to show you my dancing and rapping if you want to see it..."
Almost immediately I can see smiles forming on all of their faces and I can feel Jimin slightly squeezing my hand in excitement.

Everyone gets up and follows Jimin and I to the dance studio.
All of them sit down with their backs against the wall, ready to watch me perform for them. Jimin on the other hand is still helping me get the music ready and staying as close to me as possible for as long as possible. He knows that having him by my side makes me feel like I'm invincible.

The music is set and everything is ready. I'm ready.
Jimin gives me one more kiss and whispers a 'good luck' before joining the others on the floor.

Now is the time.

I hear the first tones of the song and prepare myself to start dancing. I got this.

[Jimin's POV]

My boyfriend's up there, hella nervous but I can't blame him. If I was in his position I'd be exactly the same.

He's ready to dance, I can see it in the look in his eyes. There's fire in them when the music starts playing. Every emotion he keeps inside comes out when he dances. Maybe it's good that he sorta freaked out about this not too long ago. It gives him emotions to fuel his talent.
We chose to have him dance the same routine as he did for me a couple days ago. If he dances it the way he did then, I'm sure my friends will get blown away.

The music starts....
And. Here. We. Go.

BOOM. That's gotta be a homerun out of the park.
His talent is unequaled. The way he moves to the music, it's almost like the music moves to him. He's so incredibly talented.

Looking to my right I can see 5 boys who all have that same amazed expression on their faces. This is a lovely sight. Seeing how they're all so blown away by my baby's talent makes me so incredibly proud and happy.
Seeing him hit every beat with utter precision and perfection brings a huge smile on my face and I can feel a happy tear rolling down my face. Aren't I just the luckiest guy in the world?

-----------
Ayyeeeee I'm sorry I keep postponing the result of the audition but I know y'all got a lot of fantasy :')
As always, let me know what you think 😊
Saranghaeyo ❤️