Surprise

[Hoseok's POV]

I put everything into my dancing. It was my way of escaping from my shitty reality. I would always stay in the dance studio as long as I could, just to avoid having to go home. You would think that by being in the dance studio 24/7 I would have made some friends, right? Well, that was definitely not the case. I trained so hard that I just completely ignored all the other dancers.
Of course all of them just thought I was some cocky prick. The son of a rich and famous writer. The kid who thinks he's better than everyone else. The guy who thinks he has the right to claim the entire studio for himself.
But that's not me. I'm not just some spoiled brat. In fact, my parents didn't give me anything but bruises and sorrow. I dance to get away from all of that, to try and forget. Of course that doesn't work when you don't focus. So I focus. I focus until my head hurts. I dance until my body can't take it anymore, until my heart is going so fast I feel like it might just stop at some point. And there were days when I wish it would... When I wish I didn't have to go through the same old shit every single day. When I come home and my dad spits sharp words at me without any proper reason. When he lets his anger out on me and almost breaks my bones. Days when my mother would just watch and do nothing. I know she wants to, but she's even more scared of him than I am. I don't blame her really... Even though I know he would never do anything to hurt her on purpose, if she were to come between us when he's beating me up she would get a hurt a lot worse than I usually do.

Anyway, no matter how recent all of it still is, it is now in the past. And I know now why today is called the present. This handsome guy, cheering for me is my present, the greatest gift I could ever ask for. I can clearly see on his face that he's impressed with my dancing and it makes me feel relieved. Even though I didn't show it, I was terrified to dance for Jimin. I mean, I've been admiring this kid and his dancing for almost two years now. He's probably the biggest reason why I chose dance as a distraction above anything else.
Seeing him jump up and down like that and giving me such a warm smile and applause lifts all that weight off my shoulders and I know I did good.

"Hobi you are incredible!! You were right, that was way better than me! Where did you learn how to dance like that? That was so damn good!! Wow." A bright smile plastered on his face I walk up to him and bow.
"I used dancing as an excuse not to go home. I taught myself how to dance by watching people who inspire me. (INFIRES?) By watching you, for example..." I don't know how it's possible but his smile gets even better at what I just said. His eyes look like they're fully shut at this point and he looks so cute.
"Wow, this is inspired by me? But you were so much better than me honestly! You are amazing, Hoseok! A talent like that should be shown off to the world!" He excitedly says with big hand gestures to make his words come off stronger. This kid... I can't find the right words to say to such an incredible compliment so I just shyly smile at the ground.
He chuckles as he takes a step closer and gently lifts my chin up to where my lips meet his in a soft peck.
"You are truly breathtaking, Hobi..." He smiles and takes my hand to pull me out of the studio. "Come on, there's one more room I want to show you."

As we go out of the dance studio to the door next to it he stops me and turns to face me.
"So, I know now that you have an amazing sense of rhythm. That is when it comes to dance. But how's your voice? Can you sing?" As soon as he asks me, I get nervous again.
"Uhm no, well, I mean, kind of but I wouldn't say I have a great singing voice. I can hold pitch but that's about it. There's nothing special about my singing..."
"So, can you rap?" The curious look on his face gives away that if I can, he has an idea.
"Yeah, I'm alright at rapping I guess..." I'm definitely not as confident in my rapping skills as I am in my dancing, that's for sure.
"Why?" He's been asking these questions but I still don't really know what for so I ask him. He just smiles cheekily as he puts his hand on the door knob.
"I have one more surprise for you." He smirks as he turns the door nob to open the door into the last room. My mouth falls open in awe as soon as I can see the first few features of this room.

"You built a recording studio inside your apartment? That's crazy!!" I exclaim as he just happily grins at the surprise on my face.

--------
Okay, ending this chapter right there :D
I'm sorry for not updating a couple days but I've been really tired...
Anyways tell me what you think so far? There are many more chapters to come. ^^
Saranghaeyo ❤️