Do Eyes Share Secrets?

"This is why you don't do research on psychopaths, Bell! Now you're getting weird stuff sent to you, and you keep on getting hurt, this is serious and you need to stop," Jill picks up a stack of papers, placing them in the back table of the employees lounge.

"I've actually been getting hurt all my life, thank you," I say jokingly.

"Bell," Jill makes eye contact with me.

"Sorry..." I walk along with her to the patients lounge.

"Do me a solid and just keep yourself safe? I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you, okay?" She crosses her arms as her eyes roam around the room and patients.

"Fine," I mumble, crossing my arms as well.

"Bella look I'm so-"

I wave my hand in front of Jill's face so maybe she can get her focus back, and finish her response. Her eyes were staring in my direction, but not at me, behind me.

"Jill, what's wro-"

She turns me around, where I am now almost facing a figure I thought I would never see again. Guards were keeping him still, Ms Grundy keeping an eye on him, still on his wrist and ankles were chains.

"Oh my god..." I mumble so softly, I'm sure I'm the only one I heard.

"Mr Howell, we are giving you lounge time with the other patients at least twice a week. If you do such disrespectful actions, you will be revisiting your cell again, do you understand?" Ms Grundy pushes up her thin black glasses.

"Mhm," Dan rolls his eyes, sighing.

Ms Grundy nods to herself, "guards release him, but don't let him out of your sight," she soon starts to walk away.

Dan has been released by the guards and he slowly walks around the lounge, eyeing me. A smirk grows on his face as he takes another look at my bandaged wrist.

Asshole.

"DANIEL!!" Phil runs from coloring to attacking Dan with a huge hug.

"I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH! I KNEW NURSE ANDERSON WOULD KEEP HER PROMISE, YAY, YAY, YAY!!" Phil continues to hug Dan, and surprisingly Dan hugs back.

"Hey Philip, I've missed you too pal," he laughs, but not a malicious laugh, more of an innocent sweet one.

"We didn't get to finish our drawing! I was w-waiting for you to come back, wanna finish it now?" Phil's lips curl, his smile bigger than anyone else's.

"Of course sunshine, let's go!" Dan acts excited.

Both patients walk by Jill and I, Phil not paying attention, but Dan making straight eye contact with me. He winks at me once he's closer, and quickly whispers in my ear, "what a lovely wrist accessory, I wonder what happened?"

I grind my teeth, walking back to the employee lounge angrily.

"Bell!" Jill follows me.

"Why is he here?!!" I toss my hands up in the air in frustration.

"I don't know, I would of warned you, I'm so sorry," she says. "You can't hide here forever, you need to work before Ms Grouchy says anything!" Jill sighs, rubbing her face in exhaustion.