Tick Tock The Bubbles Pop

My mind seems to be the only thing that's drowning, no matter how deep the water flows in my bathtub. The unsorted bubbles cover my body from the neck down, leaving my eyes in space while I take time to count each bubble that has popped. My toes freeing themselves as a I lay them down against the tip of the tub.

I had a tall glass of red wine next to me, my absolute favorite. The Smiths playing, their melodies flying in the air. The rose smell of the bubbles and soap are the only aromas I need at this moment to calm my mind.

I sit up, letting my wrist soak in the warm water. My phone sat, placed on the closed toilet lid. The glowing white light from my phone lights up over the yellow bathroom light.

Ding, ding.

The phone vibrates once more, the bright light appearing once more. I didn't pay much mind to it, but I dry my hands softly on the little towel set down on my side, reaching for my phone. Little did I know that I would receive a message that only would send through my deplorable reckless dreams.

Unknown number: You and I, we may look the same; but we are very far apart.

Unknown number: There's bullet-holes where my compassion used to be; and there is violence in my heart.

What the hell? I ask myself why would someone send me this? Let alone anyone this if it wasn't meant for me. The thoughts roam around once again in my mind like little kids in a playground playing ring around the rosy; the messages aren't just random sentences, they're song lyrics.

Back in college all I ever listened to were Nine Inch Nails. I haven't listened to their stuff in years, but how would someone know? I mean- I didn't tell anyone really, no one really asked or cared to what I listened too. I never had a Nine Inch Nails shirt or anything like that, just their music is all I had. I would think if it were from Joey it would have his contact name. Would Joey even remember I listened to them? He barely remembers the fact that I sing more Twenty One Pilots than I should.

Ding!

Unknown number: You can try but you'll never understand. This is something you will never understand.

Ding!

Unknown number: Can you hear it now?

Ding!

Unknown number: Hear it coming now?

Ding!

Unknown number: Can you hear it now?

Can you hear it now?

Can you fucking hear it now darling?

I jump at the last bit, leaving me screaming, throwing my phone on the floor. I'm exhausted of my heart racing from fear, from stress.

God dammit! Too much pressure at once can do so much so a small broken person like me. Someone is messing with me now, someone's out for me now.

The thought of drowning myself in the worn out bubble bath seems like the most relieving action for me to do, but I couldn't, I can't. I rinse off, draining the bath as well, I couldn't relax myself no matter how hard I tried.

After clothing myself and collecting my things, I head into my room where I meet with a rose placed on the center of my bed, attached to it was a note.

Dear Love,

I hope you can soon forgive me, I hope you can soon give me a better chance. Take your time, relax your mind, and remember my heart only beats right after yours, can you hear it?

xxx

I gulp, knowing I'm no longer safe in this world, but that's just something no one will understand, it's just something I'm never gonna understand; the purpose of hope.

— uh 67% edited? this chapter was inspired by melanie martinez's song 'soap', i just love her music so much!

hope you enjoyed! next chapter is gonna have a lot of drama so watch out for an update, and don't forget to vote and comment! im forever grateful for you guys, love you all! xxx dumbpickle