Chapter 39 - "Trouble in paradise?"

Question for this chapter: Favourite tv show?

Author's answer: I've watched so many shows over the years, but my favourite will have to be "FRIENDS". 

-

Previously in chapter 38:
"I'm sorry Olivia. I forgot about your pa-"

"Just take me home."

I shoved his hand away, wiped my tears and looked out the window.

He fucking played 5 Seconds Of Summer

I love him for it, but did he have to choose that song to put on his mix tape?

"Please, don't be mad at me." He begged and I could still feel him staring at me.

"Eyes on the road, Niall." I mumbled.

"Fine." He muttered.

We were quiet all the way back to my house. When he finally dropped me off, he didn't even leave the car. He just leaned out the window to kiss me goodbye, and then he drove off. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I carried my bags inside, hearing my parents fighting in the kitchen. That awful feeling came rushing back in just a second. I dropped my things on the floor and rushed towards the kitchen.

"Can you two just stop?" I yelled.

They shut up right away, turning towards me.

"You're tearing the family apart! Don't you think we hear you at night?"

They glanced at each other before dad took a step towards me.

"Have you taken your meds today?" He asked, reaching out to place a hand on my shoulder.

"Stop acting like you care! If you cared about us, you wouldn't have worked so damn much all the time. Do you realise you're missing us growing up?"

I heard quick footsteps in the stairs out by the lounge room and soon Franklin rushed into the kitchen.

"Olivia, you shouldn't-"

"When was the last time you asked about my grades? When was the last time you took Scarlett to the mall? When was the last time you went to one of Franklin's football games? When was the last time you told mom you love her?"

Franklin grabbed me from behind, pulling me away from dad.

"None of you even noticed how bad I was feeling, until I was diagnosed with depression!"

Franklin placed his hand over my mouth and I ignored the fact that I was crying.

"Take her outside." Mom said.

Franklin lifted me up and quickly headed outdoors to the pool area. I punched him more than necessary but he just forced me down in one of the lounge chairs.

"They're getting a divorce."

I froze in my actions and looked up at him.

"What?"

"That's why they're fighting. Dad is moving out after you and I graduate. They told us an hour ago. Scar got so upset she took off."

"But...but..."

"It's for the best. Dad got a promotion at work and they're going to transfer him to London. Mom couldn't handle the distance between them any longer. They argue a lot because they still love each other endlessly, but they barely see each other. Mom just can't deal with the situation anymore."