Chapter 26 - "Tell me."

Picture of Niall at the winter formal.

-----------------------------------------------

Previously in chapter 25: 

"Where's your car?" I asked and looked at him.

He pointed over my shoulder, hiding a smile and I spun around. My chin dropped as I saw Gabriel leaning against a black limo.

"Ms Olivia." He greeted me and opened the backdoor.

"What's this?" I asked, still in shock, and looked back at Niall.

"I had a little chat with your mom last night. She gave us a fancier ride than my shitty car." He said, once again placing his hand on my back to guide me towards the limo.

"You talked to my mom?"

"She's like my mother-in-law so of course I talked to her." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brooke was just as surprised as me when we stopped outside her place. Gabriel opened the door for her and Caleb, and she took a seat across from us.

"What the hell?" She exclaimed when Gabriel closed the door again. "I thought Niall were picking us up with his car!"

"I thought so too!" I laughed.

"And I thought that going to the winter formal in a Range Rover was boring." Niall said, placing his hand on my knee.

"How did you afford this, man? With your parents divorced they can't have helped you out with this." Caleb said.

Niall shrugged. "I had some money saved. Nothing is too good for my girl, my cousin... and Brooke." He smirked.

She instantly shot me a look. We've been friends for so long so I knew exactly what she meant.

He said my girl

I placed my hand on his that was still resting on my knee. I was curious on what he would do since there are people watching. He's been quite open with "us" the last couple of weeks but I still wanted to see what his next move would be.

I saw his eyes darting down to our hands and then he slid out his hand from under mine. But he did it only to lace our fingers together. I smiled a bit, but tried not to show it. Hopefully I'll get over the excitement of holding his hand one day.

Probably not

We arrived at the location 20 minutes later. The school had rented a local downtown since our gymnasium was too small for a dance. Gabriel opened the door for us and Caleb was the first one to step out. He was acting real sweet and held out his hand to Brooke.

"Don't expect me to do that shit too." Niall told me, as he was about to crawl over to the door.

I got a bit disappointed, but I wasn't expecting him to copy Caleb's actions anyway. Niall got out and I followed him closely. Gabriel closed the door, telling me to call him when the dance was over. Caleb and Brooke waited for us a bit further away. Brooke had her arms wrapped around Caleb's, but of course Niall wouldn't do that for me either. I was hoping he'd at least hold my hand as we entered the building.

"I guess I won't be wooed tonight." I muttered as we followed Caleb and Brooke, who seemed to only care about each other.

"I hate dances, so I'm not going to make myself look like a fool by being your bitch."