Chapter 15 - "Leave her alone."

Picture of Riley.

--------------------------------------

With a heart that was beating extremely hard, I approached my locker the next morning. Thankfully Niall was nowhere to be found. I quickly opened my locker, pushed in my jacket and bag and grabbed my things for first period. It wasn't until I came around the corner I walked into a guy with a very familiar smell.

I hate this corner

I slowly looked up at him, seeing him already staring down at me. It wasn't his normal, cheeky facial expression. This one was more stiff and straight.

"You never fucking showed up." Niall muttered.

"I told you I was busy." I said.

"And I told you to meet me at the field last night."

"Do you think I'm your lapdog or something?" I asked and crossed my arms.

"Well, yeah?" He frowned.

"Wow, fuck you."

I walked past him but he grabbed onto my arm, pulling me back to him.

"Okay, I didn't mean that." He said and then sighed. "I just... I wanted to fix whatever I did to you on Saturday. I tried talking to Jake about it but he refused. He's my friend and he takes your side."

He seemed pretty upset.

"You wanna know what you said to hurt my feelings?" I asked and yanked my arm back. "Remember Zach Harris? He's a childhood friend of mine and he showed up at your party. He saw me and started calling me-" I looked around to see if anyone would hear me. "Olivia Crawford. So I asked you to take care of it and you fucking told me to leave if Zach was bothering me."

"That's it?" He asked with a small chuckle.

"See, you're not even taking this seriously." I muttered and spun around to walk away, but once again he pulled me back.

"I don't understand why you're so upset about this. I thought I'd told you to go kill yourself or something, but I said that?"

"I explained to you that I came to you for some help because I thought we were friends and you said that we weren't. Those things hurt my feelings because one, I opened up to you, and two, I trusted you."

"Let me see if I get this straight. Zach called you Olivia Crawford and you ditched him to go look for me, so I could throw him out for wanting to talk to you? Just because I said I'd fix some things, doesn't mean I'm willing to fix everything."

"Yeah I get that now." I muttered. "Can I just go to class already?"

"So you're just gonna walk away from your problems? As you usually do?"

His voice from two weeks ago started ringing in my head.

"You get upset over the tiniest things and avoid confronting the problem or your fears. You walk away when things get rough."

"What are you so afraid of? Getting hurt? Heartbroken? Because this isn't going anywhere."

I looked at him in silence for a second before I turned around and quickly headed down the hallway.

I hate him

I saw people beginning to enter our classroom and Maddie waved at me with a smile.

I hate Niall

No I don't

---

The week past and I didn't spoke to Niall once after our conversation on Monday morning. It was now Saturday afternoon and I was walking down our street to the location where Casper was going to pick me up. It's the first football game of the season and the whole school is going to be there. I probably wouldn't even show up if it weren't for Brooke and Katelyn who were also having their first performance as cheerleaders. Riley would probably be pissed as well if our group didn't come to watch him play.