Chapter 6 - "My dirty little secret."

Picture of Josephine and Miles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Niall was leaning against the wall right next to the door I just came out from. He had his arms crossed, eyes pointing down at his shoes. He slowly looked up and locked eyes with me. It was weird to see him without any piercings, and with this serious facial expression.

"What?" I breathed, with my heart beating out of my chest.

"You're sitting at his table." He said with a calm voice and leaned off of the wall. He took a few steps towards me, and it felt frightening. "So you must have some kind of connection to him. Are you two dating? If so, shouldn't you be sitting next to him instead of next to his dad and his little sister Scarlett?" He continued and looked down at me.

"I don't know what you talking about." I said and turned around to go back to the ballroom. He quickly grabbed onto my arm and roughly forced me back. I crashed into his chest and he placed his hands on my hips so I couldn't escape.

"Never have I ever lied about my identity." He said in a low voice, slightly towering over me.

I stared into his eyes, gulped and tried coming up with a lie. I've always been afraid of this moment, but I never thought it would be him questioning me.

"Answer me." He said and gently dug his nails into my hips. "If your name isn't Olivia Coleman, kiss me."

"Why are you doing this?" I mumbled. "You don't even know me."

"You damn right I don't!"

He suddenly got offensive and backed me up against the nearest wall.

"All the stuff you told me two days ago, was it all just a lie?"

"You don't understand."

"Why the fuck would you go around and tell everyone your name is Olivia Coleman? Why the fuck would you lie your entire way through high school?"

I did what I had to do to make him shut up. I placed my hands on his cheeks and pressed my lips against his. His grip around my waist loosened up a bit and I pulled away soon enough.

"Why the fuck do you care?" I mumbled against his lips.

"I don't." He mumbled back.

"What a shame. Because if you cared, I could have told you why."

He was quiet for a while. He just stood there, hands on my waist and leaned his forehead against mine.

"I need a smoke anyway." He finally said and let go of me.

I followed him towards the exit and we went outside. The photographers had left by now and we walked down the street for a while. He pulled out his package of cigarettes and his lighter from his pocket. He offered me one but I denied since I don't smoke.

"Just for the record..." He started, and lit his cigarette. "I don't care. I'm just curious."

I slowly nodded and looked down at my feet. We walked in silence until he stopped by a bench and told me to sit down.

"So you're Franklin's sister." He stated and let out a smoke.

"Unfortunately, yes." I sighed.

"The only thinkable reason I can come up with is that you're ashamed." He said and leaned back on the bench.

"It's complicated, okay?"

"Doesn't have to be." He shrugged. "What I don't understand is why you even started. Why would you build up this fake life of yours? Your dad doesn't live in America and your parents aren't divorced. You live in a fucking mansion and yet you're ashamed."