Chapter: 12 -The Truth

Start from the beginning

“Oh..” I said disapprovingly. It hurt hearing him say that, but he does want to go on a date with me. What if he never gets his vision back? Will he still not want to go on a date with me then?

He scooted over towards me again. “Summer, I didn’t mean it like that. I meant one where I can actually see you. I want to be able to see your pretty face. I want to be able to see your soft skin, instead of feeling it. I want to look into your beautiful eyes and be able to know what color they are.”

My breathing was defiantly coming out more rapid at this point. No one has ever said that to me. He placed both of his hands on my face and I could feel him staring into my soul with his covered eyes. “Summer, I care a lot about you. We do not have to label what we have right now. I am just enjoying getting to know you. That is all I care about right now is getting to know who you are. The more I am around you the more I know my feelings for you are real.”

I guess that I could not argue with that. He had a point. I cannot help but be a little disappointed because I want to know what we are. I want a label. I do not want him with other girls. Does he even care if I was to go with someone else? Would he be mad?

“Summer, answer me. Please?” He begged. I did not realize how quiet I was currently being until he mentioned it.

“Oh, umm. Sorry.” I mumbled.

He took his hands off my face and said, “So, what do you think?”

“I can see where you are coming from Mason, but I want to know one thing?” I am upset. Who could blame me though?

“What is that?” He asked as he narrowed his eyes at me. I could only tell this because of his eyebrows. 

“I want to know that if you truly like me, then I would be the only girl that you are talking to.” I replied shyly.

He did not look away from me. He just nodded and said, “Of course you are the only one. Summer you are special. I do not want to lose that. Promise me something?”

  “What’s that?” I asked, cautiously.

He stepped close to me, where we were flush against the other. He took off his glasses and stared into my eyes. “Promise me that you’ll do the same. No other guys.”

I was so lost in his eyes that I almost forgot to speak. Finally, I said, “I promise.”

At that time, his lips touched mine for a passionate kiss. His tongue hit my bottom lip, asking for permission. I did not even have to think about it. I instantly granted him access. We made out for a few minutes until I pulled away. He placed his forehead to mine; both of us were out of breath.

“So? What time is your appointment?” I asked, still out of breath.

He just smirked at me and said, “It’s at 1:15. My mom will pick you up.”

I just nodded. I know that he knew that I was nodding, since our heads were still together.  “I need to head home.” I said suddenly.

“Why?” His voice sounded upset.

  “My friend Jessie is coming by. I haven’t seen her since school got out.” I told him. I was not lying to him.

“Oh okay. I hate that you have to go.” He sounded unhappy.

“I know, but I needed to come by and talk to you. Plus, I’ll see you later.” I said.

He just nodded. “Do you need help inside?”

“Nah, I am good out here.” He sounded like he wanted to be left alone, so I did. “I’ll see you later.”

I glanced back once as I was leaving. I wonder what suddenly made him mad. I just sighed and made my way out. I told his mom that I was leaving and I would see them tomorrow. I made my way to my house. I was glad to see my brother and his friends were gone. Jessie would be here around five. She was going to stay with me. Actually, a few of our group members were staying at my place.  I just hope Mason is not mad at me. I do not even know what I would do if he was.

I just decided to sit in my room and wait for Jessie and the gang to get here. I wonder what this surgery will do. Will it help him? Will he get worse? Can he ever see again? There are too many questions going through my head right now.

-----------------------------------

May be short, but I hope not! Anyway, Send me some comments & Votes.

I have to have 5 votes and 2-5 comments before I update!

GO!

:)

Until next time!

-Steph

----------------------