"Same." 

We ordered our drinks and took a seat by the window looking out.

"So what made you call me?" He asked finally, staring out of the window.

"I realized I was being a child and that the wedding is in three days and we need to sort this out so there isn't this horrible anger tension there and ruin if for them, because Sam means a lot to me and I know she means a lot to you too." He looked over at me, nodding slowly.

"She does. So let's address the elephant in the room. You hate me."

I smiled and licked my teeth, sighing.

"I don't hate you." I said, defensively and he laughed.

"I beg to differ, but go on."

"I don't know why I don't like you, I really don't." I took a sip and he gave me a 'oh come on' look.

"Maybe you don't think you know, but I think you do know deep down." I set my latte down.

"But I don't know." I said again and he turned so he was facing me directly.

"Look at me, like a good look and just say the first thing you think." 

I took a look at him and thought. Was it his looks? No. Was it his clothes? No. What was it? 

Then it hit me.

"Michael." My eyes widened at my realization and he just looked perplexed.

"Actually, it's Danny." 

"No, that's why. You reminded me of Michael." I looked down at my coffee quickly, thinking.

"Care to tell me who Michael is?" He asked and I sighed, looking back up at him.

"It's my ex fiancé. When I first met him, he had the same demeanor as you, somewhat cool and dick like." 

"Excuse me, dick like?" He asked, laughing softly.

"When I met you that first night at the Broncos game, you kind of seemed like a dick and I guess subconsciously it just reminded me of Michael, making me not like you."

"I hate to say it, but not everyone is the same you know. I had just lost a game." I nodded, closing my eyes shut.

"I know, I know. I just, I'm kind of bitter about it all and I don't know, being childish I guess. I would of figured it out at some point, but I figured better before the wedding." I looked back at up him.

"Well, no harm no foul. I'm sorry I was a dick, didn't mean to be." I smiled.

"I know, I would of acted the same to be honest."

It was silent again, except for the occasional sip.

"Hi, I'm Elena, my friends call me Ellie, my good friends call me El." I stuck me hand out at him and he looked at me confused.

"What?" He asked, his lips forming a smile at one end, slowly creeping to the other side.

"I'm starting over." I kept me hand out and finally, he took it. A firm, but nice gentle grip.

"Nice to meet you El, I'm Danny, my friends call me Danny, Julian calls me Danny boy." I laughed, shaking his hand and for the first time ever since meeting him, I did not feel resentment to him.

"So I have to know, how do you know Sam?" He asked and I sat back to face the window.

"College, we shared a dorm, then an apartment, before she dropped out." I remembered and loved those days, when there wasn't a care in the world.