Chapter 3

Hi! This is the third chapter of raised on olympus. Hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: I am not a man. So, I do not own Percy jackson and the Olympians or Heroes of Olympus. (Although I wish I did)

Despite being the goddess of Wisdom and Knowledge, Athena couldn't figure out why she had been picked to take care of the children on the first day. At least if she had been picked to take care of the children on the third or fourth day, she could have learnt from someone else's mistakes. And, from all the gods Zeus could have picked from, with Ares! Her second biggest rival, and Zeus knew that! Plus, he would probably gut his own kids if it meant war would break out.

Well, no point trying to argue. Athena got up and got ready for the day. Eating a bowl of cereal so that Demeter wouldn't scream at her, she made her way to the children's palace. Suddenly, a thought occurred to her. Of course! The kids were only at the most one and a quarter years old so they wouldn't make too much of a fuss. She would be able to finish the new Divergent book that day. If only she knew how wrong she would be.

When she got to the palace, she found Ares standing in the living room surrounded by crying toddlers. "Ares! What happened now, you hot headed idiot!" She shouted. "I was only trying to bring the children here!" He shouted back. Athena groaned. Ares was being an idiot as usual. "Ares! Babies sleep practically all the time! Now you've woken them up!" "Well I'm sorry!" Ares shouted back sarcastically. "But I'm not a-" he was cut off by a loud wail from Annabeth. Athena rushed over to her children and stared cradling them.

Ares picked up his two kids and walked over. "We should put them back to sleep," Athena whispered. "Then it will be easier to take care of them." When all the babies were soothed, it was 10 a.m. and Ares and Athena were sitting on the couches in the living room avoiding each other like they had some disgusting disease.

At 12 noon, Athena sat up. "Come on," she whispered. "We have to prepare their food." Ares didn't move, so, not wanting to wake the children up with a fight, Athena walked over to the small kitchen and prepared a bottle of milk for each child. She woke them up one by one and gently fed them while Ares snored in the living room. The next few hours Athena spent rocking each child to sleep and changing their diapers. She had some experience when she had attended a nursing course to make sure they were teaching the right things.

Later, after their shift was done and Hestia had taken over for the night, Athena and Ares could be found having an argument in the throne room.

"You should've helped me!" Athena raged. "You were doing fine!" All the hugging and kissing on the head and feeding!" Ares yelled back. Just then, Zeus flashed in. "WHAT ON OLYMPUS IS GOING ON IN HERE!" He thundered. (AN: sorry, couldn't help myself.)"EVEN THE MORTALS ARE HEARING A LOUD NOISE! LUCKILY THE MIST LET THEM THINK IT WAS A THUNDER STORM!"

Athena pointed at Ares and said, "He didn't help me at all! He just sat on the sofa and slept!" "Well you didn't wake me up!" Ares yelled back. "And you were doing fine on your own!" and so it went on it attracted everyone on Olympus and Poseidon and Hades from their realms.

"Enough!" Zeus finally shouted over the noise. "Ares, since you cant take care of the children for even half a day, don't take your shift! Athena can handle on her own!"

The two war deities finally stopped yelling. "Yes father" They chorused. "By the way, good luck tomorrow Artemis!" Zeus shouted before everyone flashed out.

(^_^) Line break (^_^)

The next day, Artemis flashed herself and the twenty-two children to her hunter's camp. The hunters immediately stopped and stared. Her lieutenant, Zoë, stammered out, "Milady, have you...." Artemis realised what she was hinting at and quickly replied, "Oh no! None of these children are mine. I promise you I have not broken my oath." The hunters heaved a sigh of relief. "But...whose are they, milady?" Phoebe, her second in command questioned. "They are my family's children," Artemis replied. " Zeus has decreed that we are to raise two of each Olympians children on Olympus, one Greek and one Roman, one male and one female, to take over from us to have a break. The two children would share the throne, as they do not have different forms. They have also been blessed with humility, so do not worry about them being arrogant," She added, seeing some of her hunters look disgusted at the boys.

" Now I will assign two hunters to each pair of siblings, with the same godly parents, one Greek and one Roman, for all of you, so you will get along."

"Ariel and June, daughters of Zeus/Jupiter, you will take the twins, Thalia and Jason." The two hunters jumped for joy.

"Faith and Megan, daughters of Poseidon/Neptune, you will take Perseus and Andromeda." The two hunters whooped at finally having some siblings.

"Miranda and Rose, daughters of Demeter/Ceres, You will take Katie and Liam." The two hunters smiled.

"Phoebe and Ginerva, daughters of Ares/Mars, you will take Clarisse and Frank. Please do not teach them how to use weapons yet." All of the hunters laughed at the hunter's red faces.

"Sofia and Annie, Children of Athena/Minerva, you will take Annabeth and Malcolm. Please remember they are still babies and won't be able to answer your questions." The hunters in question blushed.

"Chloe and Naomi, daughters of Apollo, you will take Will and Kayla."  The two hunters grinned, showing blinding white teeth.

"Ivory and Yvonne, daughters of Hephaestus/Vulcan, you will take Leo and Nyssa. Be careful because they have the powers you two do." The hunters wisely edged away. Four fire-users would blow the camp up unless they were careful.

"Trypphenna and Amare, daughters of Aphrodite/Venus, you will take Piper and Mitchell." The two hunters squealed, and then blushed as their Aphrodite/Venus genes took over.

"Sylvia and Amanda, daughters of Hermes/Mercury, you will take Travis and Conner." Sylvia was looking a little disgusted at having two boys, but Amanda was planning which pranks to show them.

"Kesha and Adriana, daughters of Dionysus/Bacchus, you will take Pollux and Kathy." The two smiled drunkenly.

"Finally, Sheryl and Shimmer, Daughters of Hades/Pluto, you will take Nico and Hazel." The duo smiled darkly, causing everyone else to edge away from them. Their smiles were creepy.

"The rest of you, continue what you were doing before. If you are free, you can help if you want." Artemis finished off. The hunters scattered to their jobs except the hunters were were going to take care of the kids. Said hunters walked forward and each picked a baby to carry.

The majority of the day was spent chasing the toddlers around camp. Even though only half the babies could walk, the rest could crawl and they were all quite fast, especially Travis and Conner. The hunters finally caught them and spent the rest of the day keeping a sharp eye on them.

When it was time to light the campfire the babies were asleep and Artemis flashed them up to Olympus and left them in Hestia's care. Then she returned to the throne room for her report of the day. When Artemis recounted how they had chased the children across the camp, the rest of the gods burst out laughing.

Before leaving, Zeus shouted out, "Good luck tomorrow, Poseidon!" before all the gods left the room. Poseidon paled.

Remember, please review! To Ariel, Faith, Trypphenna and Sheryl, Please don't kill me for using your names! Trypphenna, sorry if I spelt your name wrong. (For those of you who are wondering, yes I named some of the hunters after my friends)

Yours in demigodishness, and all that,

Peace out!

Demigodsrthebest