||Chapter 33||

||Chapter 33||

<|Third Age 2974|>

Later that evening, Endor has the Company gathered in the kitchens, thanks to the quick work of Frodo and Bilbo's messenger skills.  Of course, the young boy was overjoyed to help his sister, and it was only made more fun by the adventure he got to go on.  And in this way, the Company fails to complain at the message of the small child, too awed by the cuteness of Frodo Baggins to say 'no.'  And thus, Endor is convinced that she needs to use Frodo's people skills more often. 

Once the members discover that they've been duped by the child's cuteness, they are already in the kitchen of Erebor and Frodo is gone.  Within a few minutes, all of the Company is there, Endor giving Frodo a cookie in a symbol of gratitude.  Of course, Frodo will always help Endor, but the treat just makes the task all the more rewarding.  The child grins happily as he runs from the kitchen.

"Anyone want to explain why we're in the kitchen?" Kili asks, being one of the last to arrive and slightly upset that he was pulled away from Tauriel in order to be here.  Of course, they were only taking a walk around Endor's garden, but any moment spent with Tauriel is Kili's happiest.  Endor only feels slightly guilty.

"I apologize, I figured you would want food given the time, and there's no better place than the kitchen for that.  Sorry, Bombur," Endor tells them, causing either a huff of irritation or cheer to come from the Company members, depending on who they are.  For people like Bombur, who waves Endor off with a smile, and Dwalin, this is the best idea.  Others, like Gloin and Kili, wish not to have been pulled here during dinner.

"For those of you who have not heard, Endor--" Thorin begins, standing next to Endor so that their arms press against each other tightly.  The crossed arms of Thorin gives a look of intimidation to the couple, but Endor's smile seems to bring it back to a neutral presence.

"Yes, we know you two are tying the knot!" Bofur cuts in with an exclamation, prompting Thorin's eyebrows to scrunch in irritation at the other dwarf.

"Did I really leave my nap just for you to tell me the loudest rumors I've heard fifty times already?" Gloin bitterly asks, effectively removing Endor's feeling of guilt for taking him away from a 'family dinner,' or so she assumed.  Now that she knows it was a nap, Endor can sleep easy tonight.

"Maybe if you let me finish, I would answer your questions," Thorin's deep voice gripes dangerously, causing the Company to lapse into silence.  This is the first time in days that the Company has not seen a content smile on Thorin's face, in thanks of his relationship with Endor.

"To make this short, the ent that you've all probably heard rumors about has given you immortality, being part of the Company," Thorin tells them, far too shortly for Endor's tastes.  Not only is this a bit of a bombshell when spoken so quickly, the tone in Thorin's voice makes the situation all the worse: harsh and cold.

Shouts ring out almost immediately from the dwarves, a mix of irritated expressions and happy cheers.  It becomes so loud that Thorin is sure his head will explode from the sound, Endor feeling almost as overwhelmed as the dwarf king himself.  If this is what it's like to be a queen, Endor is not sure that she is prepared.

"Hey, one at a time!" the girl cries, causing the dwarves to murmur into silence at the unusual irritation of the female.  It is obvious that both Endor and Thorin are not feeling one-hundred percent at the moment, sharing a shortness of temper and unhappy demeanor.

"How'd it do that?" Ori asks, his curiosity endearing in the eyes of Dori and Endor alike.  Truly, this dwarf is like an innocent child, no matter what he has been through and the amount of knowledge he has of the world.  He is a scholar, yet innocent.