||Chapter 17||

||Chapter 17||

<|Third Age 2974|>

    The next morning is as the days before in all matters, with a full buffet of food awaiting the awoken dwarves and hobbits, and cheer to go along with it.  However, for Endor and Thorin, it seems different than any day prior, being united in company for the first non-nighttime event.  Indeed, the two receive strange looks from others in the dining hall, never having seen the two together, but it is not like either of the two care.  After all, their heads are far too muddled in emotions and yearnings.

As Endor makes it to the end of the buffet line with a pile of strawberries and croissants, she smiles warmly at Bombur in thanks for the meal before heading to sit at the table.  But Thorin is not so much planning on spending his morning with others, despite the fact he does this almost every day.  It does not feel right that he must share Endor Baggins's attention with his friends, and thus, he grabs her around the wrist before she can run off. 

"Hmm?" the girl asks in question, both startled by the sudden contact and awakened from the tingles deriving from Thorin's hand.  The feeling that stirs through her at this contact has the potential to magically transform her into a puddle of emotions.

"Let's eat outside," Thorin offers in a commanding style that no one, not even Endor, would question.  However, her desire not to rebel against this command derives from her desire to be near him without the distraction of others, not so much her fear of the dwarf king.  Little does she know that Thorin feels the same way, for Endor believes this is a simple matter of private business.

"Splendid," Endor grins, turning on her heel and heading in the direction opposite the table and towards the outdoors.  Thorin follows behind her without thought, although he spares a look back at the few lingering eyes of the others as they watch Endor and Thorin leave.  Of course, his nephews and Dwalin are among them, but he pays more attention to a winking Dis.  Thorin can only glare at the meddlesome sister before turning and storming from the room in a powerful stride.

The two settle themselves on a patio near the garden that Endor is planting, obviously at the choosing of the hobbit.  Thorin pays no heed to her controlling of his ways, but watches her face light up as they sit outdoors in the warm sunlight of spring.  Her cheeks glow pink in the mirroring of the nearby tulips, lips tilting upward like the marigold bushes.  And then her eyelashes: as curly as the stems of pumpkins.  She is absolutely stunning.

"The lavender is coming in beautifully, if I can say so myself," Endor remarks, shielding her eyes from the sun as she looks over the hillside of growing lavender.  With its purple hearts rising into the morning sun, the hill outside of Erebor looks as ethereal as an overjoyed and content Endor Baggins.

"Yes, it is a nice touch.  Thank you for planting this.  We dwarves are a little rough-around-the-edges, and not so inclined to planting," Thorin remarks, admitting another fault of his with no mind to the matter.  Indeed, Endor has come to expect such comments of his, although she notices them on every occurrence.  Thorin Oakenshield is opening up to her, and it's enough to put a smile on her face.

"It was no problem.  I may not be a normal hobbit, but I still have their skills and manners," Endor remarks, her chin tilted upward in pride.  This is just another mannerism that mirrors that of the king himself.

"When you choose to use them," Thorin replies with a slight smirk that prompts Endor to chuckle lightly.  But at the same time, she knows that Thorin, nor any of the dwarves, have seen the extent of her etiquette.  You could place sixteen textbooks on Endor's head and she'd still be perfectly balanced and smiley.