||Chapter 20||

||Chapter 20||

<|Third Age 2974|>

    By the time the king and female hobbit arrive outside, the others are waiting patiently.  Due to the chaos of Thorin's disappearance, and the ensuing search, the whole company is running late for departure, much to Thorin's chagrin despite his fault in the whole ordeal.  And thus, he is the final patron to arrive for the journey, Endor moments before him, as he rushes out of the gates while shouting last minute commands to Balin.  The old advisor simply listens with one ear closed, grinning at Endor Baggins who is now adorned in a pale blue tunic.  He knows a king that will like this choice in color.

    Seven ponies await their gathered group, two for carrying supplies and rations while the other five are for riding.  Of course, Endor does not have a pony of her own, given her refusal to use one, and thus, she is left wondering whom she is to join.  "Who am I riding with?"

"Dwalin," the king answers gruffly knowing that Endor's riding with Thorin would be suspicious.  Of course, the bald dwarf only sends him a confused look, wishing for the stunts of Thorin to be over with.  Everyone knows Thorin loves Endor.  Must they continue to do this?

But Thorin does not seem liable to shift in his decision, Dwalin offering a hand out to Endor, which she easily takes.  "Come on lass."

"I truly despise these things.  Their cuteness is no tell-tale sign of their evil," Endor remarks, wrapping her arms around Dwalin as if he will save her from the animal.

"Kind of like you, Dora," Fili remarks, easily catching the scoldingly jealous look of the king in response to his comment.

"I am so humoured," Endor says stoically, rolling her eyes at his cruel flattery.  Only Fili can manage to insult and compliment her in one breath.

Before anymore words can be shared, the Princess of Erebor runs from her kingdom, directly in the direction of Endor and Dwalin. "Lass!  I want you to do something for me."

"Anything, Lady Dis," Endor says, smiling down at her for once.

Endor leans down with the gesture of Dis, giving her ear to whatever whispers the woman has to share today.  "Please watch my sons and brother for me.  They can be extremely reckless."

"As I have found.  Do not worry, they are safe with me," Endor tells her with a smile, which is reciprocated before Dis walks over to an awaiting Thorin.  A large grin casts itself on her face, prompting the fall of Thorin's expression as he knows his sister is up to something.

"I want you courting by the time you get back," Dis tells Thorin, feeling and having no need to explain the subject of her words.  Like Dwalin says: everyone knows.

"Sister, it will not happen," Thorin says, refusing to focus his attention on this, and especially at the command of others.  He is a king, and not one to follow the commands of inferiors.

"We'll see," Dis replies with a sneaky grin like that of her sons.  Quite honestly, Thorin is far more terrified of his sister than he is of Thranduil and his nephews combined.

As his sister walks away, Thorin turns around to survey the awaiting faces of the others, seeing no other visitors to see them off.  Meeting eyes with Endor, Thorin averts his in a sudden fear and embarrassment from the morning, choosing instead to look to Dwalin in front of her.  "Dwalin, are we set?"

"Aye. We're ready," Dwalin replies easily.

And thus, the group is onward from Erebor, Thorin kicking his pony so as to head the group off.  Off to the south, the group will travel through Dale, and finally to Mirkwood.  But to Thorin, this is a matter to deal with when the time comes.  The last thing he needs is to be reminded of Thranduil, and especially his threat to Endor.