||Chapter 13||

||Chapter 13||

<|Third Age 2974|>

Endor is early than usual that night, beating Thorin to the library not to anyone's surprise. But instead of awaiting his company and planning their search, she dives right into literature with the intention of finalizing this task before she murders the King of Erebor. Indeed, her hostility glows around her from Thorin's viewpoint as he sits across from her at the table and watches her work. She pays no mind to him, feeling the ache in her heart from his words the prior night.

"I spoke to Dis earlier," Thorin claims without reason, not attempting to criticize her, but to dissolve this awkward tension while he fiddles with the crown in his hands.

Endor's eyes whip up at his words, hitting herself for being surprised since Dis practically promised to talk to Thorin about the matter. Her voice sounds as a plea as she addresses the king who once held so much of her respect: "I told her not to say anything!"

"Calm," Thorin says with soothing words, looking at her with blue eyes, "I am not mad."

Endor practically gapes at this, though understands what he means by his underlying tone. He may be complacent, not angry, but that does not mean he is feeling regret. "But you won't apologize?"

"No, what I said was correct," Thorin remarks with a faked ease of tone, forgetting the fact that his mind has been muddled in guilt all day. But it is a forgivable thought, as he must separate himself from the girl.

"And here I thought that you were caught up in the moment. Guess you really are a jerk," Endor scoffs, rolling her eyes to hide the pain in her heart. Thorin merely grunts at her words, grabbing at the magnifying glass on the table and beginning to inspect the crown for unknown runes and words. So as he searches with a guilty heart, she reads pages-and-pages of any literature referring to the Durin crown. Hours pass around them without a thought or word, tension easing into ignorance as the two work as individuals once more.

"Thorin," Endor addresses the king at the two hour mark, prompting him to turn to her with the magnifying glass still to his eye. And though Endor is still angry at Thorin, she cannot help laughing hysterically at the magnified eye now dominating his face via magnifying glass.

"What?" Thorin growls, realising that Endor is laughing at him. In response, the hobbit simply snatches the magnifying glass from Thorin's hand, placing it over her own eye. And though the king struggles to hide his emotions once more, he cannot help chuckling at the vision of her magnified eye. No one can deny the fact that Endor is entertaining.

Endor's mind is boggled by the beauty of the king's laugh. For one thing, his deep voice makes her weak in the knees, but the laugh makes her grateful to be in her seat. Before coming to Erebor, she never took interest in the other gender, nonetheless swooned. Thorin is turning her into a pile of mush.

"You were going to say something," Thorin remarks, gesturing for her continue.

"Oh yes. I was going to apologize for my words on the yesterday. You might be unwilling to admit your fault, but I will: I was wrong to speak poorly of you once again. This seems to be a bad habit of mine," Endor genuinely replies, forcing the king to grunt in recognition before turning back to the crown. However, this time, the two are far more at ease, an apology appeasing the tension on one side of the relationship.

More hours pass of an endless search that has Endor thinking of the pointlessness of this time. Thorin has thoroughly searched the entirety of the crown, and she has read every line of text. Thus, as a sigh passes through her lips, she meets the eyes of the king again. "Well, there is no book in this library predisposing the crown to miraculous magic."