||Chapter 23||

||Chapter 23||

<|Third Age 2974|>

    When Endor arrives back to her room, an eleth is already there, standing awkwardly near the bed as if she does not know what to do with herself.  And though Endor is typically defensive of her acquired space, she is silenced by her realization that this is Kili's One, Tauriel.  Moving to stand closer to the elf, Endor comes to gaze upon her beauty at a closer distance, almost gaping in awe.  The elf is surely the most beautiful creature Endor has ever seen, with her flaming hair and kind hazel eyes.  Those sharp cheekbones like Thranduil are unlike his in every other way, smiling at Endor as if she is an old friend. 

But that changes upon Endor's falling gaze onto the hands of Tauriel which holds a pale blue dress.  It does not take elvish eyes to see that this dress if far too small for an elf, and thus, it must be for Endor herself.  So as she groans in irritation at the darned garment, Tauriel can smile sadly in her response.  "Thranduil wants you to wear this."

"What is he, my mother?" Endor gripes sarcastically, prompting Tauriel to smile at the small hobbit with humour.  The elf finds the girl overly curious and silly to the same extreme as the dwarf she loves wholey.  Additionally, the elf finds herself jealous of the girl's beauty who is so close to Kili and the dwarves of Erebor.

"I do not think so.  But whatever he is, you must show up in this tonight," Tauriel remarks, holding out the dress to the cringing Endor who then only cringes more.  Not only is it a dress, but it is low cut along the chest and falls to the floor.  It is everything that Endor despises in clothing.

But on a second note as she goes to deny the request, Endor has a better idea.  Sure, the hobbit would rather march into Mordor than wear this dress, but she holds a great and endless concern for the dwarves she travels with.  If she can help Kili convince Tauriel to join him in Erebor, Endor will wear the horrid garb.  "Only if you wear a dress."

"What? I am not invited, my lady," Tauriel says, shocked with the actions of the surprising hobbit.  Honestly, the eleth should have expected this from the news Legolas told her from earlier, with Endor telling off Thranduil.  But nevertheless, Endor shocks her in this action, as she has absolutely no right to spend dinner with her king.  She is the simple Captain of the Guard.

"I am no one's lady.  And yes, you are coming and in a dress.  Those are my terms, and I hope Thranduil can deal with that," Endor says stoically, raising her chin with confidence before turning away.  Tauriel takes this as her dismissal, feeling completely baffled by the guts of the young creature in her midst.  But in the same thought, she realizes that Thranduil will heed to Endor's wishes.  He does seem to have a strange fascination with the Shireling, after all.

<||>

    Having heard nothing from Tauriel as to whether she shall be attending, Endor faces a hard decision.  To dress or not to dress.  She wishes to continue her power over Thranduil this situation by not attending, yet fears his reaction if Tauriel does attend and Endor does not arrive.  And thus, Endor finds herself bathing, drying, and dressing as the hour leads up to nine o'clock.

    Endor hates to admit, but the dress looks very good on her figure.  Not having worn such apparel since her parents' death, she has forgotten how clothes can hug her slight figure.  The blue of the dress is a mirror image of her eyes, making both shine in the dark woods of mirkwood.  Endor wears her hair down for the first time in months, letting it grace her shoulders with each brush of her step outwards.  She wears no shoes, but that is no surprise for a hobbit.

    She almost leaves the hallway before realizing the promise she made to Thorin earlier in the day and a week ago.  And thus, she turns back around from her intended path and runs to Thorin's door next to hers, knocking quickly as she realizes they are running late.  Thranduil is certainly not a patient person, and she sure hopes that Thorin is ready to run to dinner.