||Chapter 6||

||Chapter 6||

<|Third Age 2974|>

Dwalin makes quick work of running after Endor. With her tantrum earlier and Balin searching around in regards to her, he has multiple reasons of why he needs to speak with her. And luckily she is not that hard to find, standing on the main balcony of the dwarven home and her typical escape location. Already, Dwalin has found her hiding here three times, all in due cause of her past.

When Dwalin walks up beside Endor, she is not surprised at all. He is always the one to find her in the end, though Bilbo may try. Ultimately, it is the great connection between the dwarf and hobbit that allows them to find each other in the mess of the kingdom. And this connection derives from their honesty to one another and care for each other.

"My brother's been snooping around your story..." Dwalin says, his words dawdling off into oblivion. This does not surprise the hobbit either, seeing as the curiosity of the dwarves is far too easy to see. At least one of them was bound to go searching for her story and strange arrival in Erebor, but only Endor had the luck to find that dwarf in the king's advisor.

"Why can't he keep to his own business?" Endor asks, looking to her dear friend with the remnants of tears obvious on her face. Dwalin truly feels for her as he looks to her puffy and red eyes, and the trails of tears down her face. He lays a comforting hand on her shoulder, not a typical embrace, but a heartfelt one from Dwalin.
"That's the thing, he usually does...I have a nasty feeling that Thorin is behind this," Dwalin admits, shocking Endor this time. Truly, Endor never expected Thorin Oakenshield to be the curious dwarf out of the whole lot. He ought to have more important things to ponder rather than the presence of Bilbo Baggins's niece. Of course, she could feel his stare on her earlier, but she thought it was simply due to her being the only stranger at the table. In no way was she expecting him to creep on her own business.

"Why are you telling me this? I thought dwarves to be loyal to their king," Endor practically whispers, looking into the eyes of Dwalin. It is clear to everyone that this dwarf is the most loyal to the pack, never once stepping out of line from Thorin's command, all until today. But Endor undermines the impact she has on others: like an innocent child, the dwarves wish to protect her more than they desire to follow the missing king's command.

"I am loyal to Thorin, but he's been acting different these past few months," Dwalin admits, thinking over the amount of times Thorin has fled from both his questioning and the dwarf himself. He knows that the king is hiding something of great importance, but why must he keep it secret from his greatest friend, he does not know.

"And you're concerned about him," Endor points out, and spot-on by Dwalin's mark. Since Thorin's removal from the public scene, Dwalin has had more time for himself, which he now spends with the hobbit female. The old Thorin would have never taken such an interest in Endor, and Dwalin wants to know the cause of such change.

"Aye," Dwalin answers, sighing in the slightest of ways.

"Then, let's investigate. I've always enjoyed a good mystery," Endor proposes, that contagious smile on her face. Dwalin looks at her with question, though the idea warms his heart greatly. To anyone with eyes, Endor is sharp and curious as to the working of others. Thus, if anyone is to help Dwalin discover the subject of Thorin's attention, it will be her.

"We'll need to be subtle," Dwalin remarks, thinking over the possible consequences if they are caught. More than likely, Endor will be exiled from the kingdom and Dwalin will receive punishment. Endor knows that this is the case, but to her, the mystery is far too intriguing to let go of her curiosity.